What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bongso and hamata

from the basal
DSC00081.jpg

one from the main plant just opening
DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

hamata
DSC00085.jpg

Hi Rattler MT: Nice photos. How is your hurrelliana doing these days/

Gus

Hi,
Great photos, just out of curiosity were did you get your hamata? (and because I want a hamata real bad)
Thanks,

-Josh

Gus, never have had hurrelliana, yah must have me confused with someone else

Josh, have had that hamata for over 2 years now. received it as a gift from another grower.....no clue where you can get one

Looks great, rattler. Nice cultivation.

xvart.

Nice hamata! :)

Great bongso. How dark do your pitchers get? And how fast does it grow? My bongso is so very, very slow - 1 leaf every 2 or 3 months! What conditions is your grown in? Looks great!

the peristrome will get jet black. not terribly fast grower......your growth rate sounds about like mine, think ive had it for over 3 years. it gets 78 days, 70 nights......60-80% humidity.........growing under 6-4foot 32 watt T8's

Gus, never have had hurrelliana, yah must have me confused with someone else

Josh, have had that hamata for over 2 years now. received it as a gift from another grower.....no clue where you can get one

Sorry for all the questions but, do you know what clone your hamata is?
Thanks,

-Josh

no clue which clone....................and havent seen the grower on here in over a year and have no clue how else to get intouch

the peristrome will get jet black. not terribly fast grower......your growth rate sounds about like mine, think ive had it for over 3 years. it gets 78 days, 70 nights......60-80% humidity.........growing under 6-4foot 32 watt T8's

The jet black peristome is the very reason I got this species. I love those dark pitchers. Can't wait til mine gets as big as yours, although it sounds like it's going to take a while...!

the main issue with bongso that ive noticed is it does not like changes in conditions, doesnt matter if its a change to better or worse than present.......though its not like it ups and dies if yah move it to a new spot....it just sits and pouts and does nothing for a few months than starts growing again...........its actually a remarkably hardy species, it will grow, though not pitcher, in really low humidity............i actually recieved it as a good sized plant around 4 years ago.....it would prolly be huge by now if i would have left it alone and not had to move it a dozen times.........

fantastic hamata and bongso. :D wow!!

Wow great plant Rattler, thanks for postin em.

man I can't stop looking at those new pics of the hamata and bongso. They look truly professional and spectacular composition. Color is nice and not oversaturated. :D

I really love the bongso. Can't wait for mine to put out pitchers that large.

That Bongso really is spectacular Rattler... Thank you for sharing :). How old is that Bongso btw?

Daniel

Great growing! That N. bongso is beast!

xvart.

Back