What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question that has been bugging me.

glider14

Always a newbie
I saw in another forum someone mentioning putting a nep pitcher in a water bottle to see how it takes shape. then i was thinking... can a nep pitcher grow, totally submersed in water? i figue i might just test it to see what happens. assuming it gets no oxygen im guessing the pitcher will be filled with water upon opening?

Alex

Interesting indeed! Are you going to try it??

Regarding the nep pitcher in a water bottle... how about using a mold like this? It's a bit more interesting... :-O

front-img.jpg

Interesting indeed! Are you going to try it??

Regarding the nep pitcher in a water bottle... how about using a mold like this? It's a bit more interesting... :-O

front-img.jpg
that explains why the plants in those cubes at lowes look funny.
besides bad soil lighting and no water.

haha! thats funny! ill test it with a pitcher soon... ill report on the findings :)

Alex

how about those mini water bottles.
if the pitcher does not grow larger than the bottle it might look the same and might I suggest one bottle of water as well as one thats not filled with anything.

ill probably do a small bowl of water...not a water bottle.
Alex

haha you could shape a nepenthes pitcher like that make it bublbouse and the bottom and all sorts of crazy thigns by like sticking it in a vase.
clear%20vase.jpg

I would like to see a nepenthes with larger pitchers develop in that it would be neat to see a squarish box shaped pitcher

Back