Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N. hamata: Wistuba clones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my hamata sees 78 day.....68-72 at night and seems happy.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see a difference between the two clones.
    There's some speculation that they're all (or mostly all) the same exact one. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well clones 1 and 4 look the same and 2 and 3 look alike, but different from 1 and 4. I got one from a place in MA (can't say that name) but it's still so small so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And also JMatt, what is your soil mix? Just live LFS or is that a top dressing with a different mix?

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend. JMatt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The temps for these plants sometimes gets to 78 daytime. The nighttime drop helps.
    I don't really see any difference in the two. If they are different it might only be slight and only noticeable when it gets older? Both plants were about the size of a quarter when I first got them. The live sphagnum is top dressing. If I remember right , the mix was a bit of everything. Sphagnum moss, orchid bark, perlite, cyprus wood chips, peat, expanded clay pebbles. I think thats it? Might have forgotten to mention something? It drains pretty good.
    Humidity is anywhere from 40 to 60 percent. They are in a bedroom now, but soon will be moved to the basement where they will be happy for the summer.
    JMatt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Wistuba clone - but not sure which one.

I got it at the ICPS conference in Frostburg, MD. It's in the basement, in an orchid pot planted in LFS mixed with live LFS. Will put some photos up soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah mine was the same size when I got but I didn't get mine from there. I should have, I would have saved some money and known for sure what clone it is. It really has started to grow better with 75 days and around 45-55 nights with 60 humidity and about 90 at night in the basement. Do you fertilize yours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't fertilize it per se, but I do feed it. When it was very small I fed it BetaBioGold fish food pellets - they are like 1/16th inch sized little balls. Now I feed it Cichild food pellets which are a tad over 1/8th inch diameter.

Somebody just posted a few pics of it over on flickr.com. In the search box there, type in 'taina6'. When the new page comes up, click on one of the blue 'Taina6' words to bring you to her page. The N. hamata, a N. veitchi x lowi, and a Ceph Hummer's Giant are in the photoset on the right hand side that is titled "CT Flower & Garden Show 2008" I wish that second photo of N. veitchi x lowi was in focus!!

Bill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast