What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata: Wistuba clones?

geckoman

Football = Life
Hi all,
I am looking into getting one of the wistuba clones of N. hamata. So those of you that grow any of the clones would you please post pictures, which clone they are, and if you grow more then one please tell me which of the clones you grow and is your favorite.:hail:
Thank you so much!

-Joshua

Can you order one or two plants from the overseas suppliers?? I have not looked into it, but I would love to order a hamata or two I would love the hairy one, but nor sure how to order from overseas suppliers for just one or two plants, and I have not seen a group order in the works lately.

BTW Josh we might get in trouble for talking about another seller.

No minimum order, so you can order just one or two plants from this particular company.

Just order as if it were any American company, make sure you convert from EUR to USD (So you'll know just how much you're paying!) and send the money. He'll send it to a distributor in Atl. Ga. and the dist. will send it to you. For an (I THINK) 10,000 EUR (like 15 bucks) you can get overnight shipping.

I think that's how it is... Never ordered from them. I was going to, until I realized how crappy the American dollar was and would have to pay around 50% more.

I currently have clone #1 and #2 from Wistuba and have had for 9 months. Clone #1 grows very well for me and clone #2 is slower and very touchy. Clone #1 acclimated within a few weeks whereas clone #2 took a couple months. Both are growing well now in solid highland conditions.
Wistuba is a very good supplier and have ordered from numerous times in past. But you must remember thier plants are just out of TC and are very small. Hamata needs some TLC when this small and may still die from shipping shock.
Also remember that it may take some time before you get your plants. Especially if you order in wintertime up to 3-4 months

Spot on for the conversion, however, 10,000 EUR would be $15,182.46 . That is a lot for overnight.
Sorry I could not resist. :-D
The charm is, like Clint said, he has a person in US , so you do not need the paperwork to order from him-the US person has it. He also has a Heliamphora selection like nobody else.

Cheers,

Joe

No minimum order, so you can order just one or two plants from this particular company.

Just order as if it were any American company, make sure you convert from EUR to USD (So you'll know just how much you're paying!) and send the money. He'll send it to a distributor in Atl. Ga. and the dist. will send it to you. For an (I THINK) 10,000 EUR (like 15 bucks) you can get overnight shipping.

I think that's how it is... Never ordered from them. I was going to, until I realized how crappy the American dollar was and would have to pay around 50% more.

Last edited:
1 Euro = 1.5188 U.S. dollars. That is of 3-2-08 8:00am. If anyone dose this let me know. I would be interested. So the Hamata would be about 45$ plus shipping I believe.

Josh

I currently have clone #1 and #2 from Wistuba and have had for 9 months. Clone #1 grows very well for me and clone #2 is slower and very touchy. Clone #1 acclimated within a few weeks whereas clone #2 took a couple months. Both are growing well now in solid highland conditions.
Wistuba is a very good supplier and have ordered from numerous times in past. But you must remember thier plants are just out of TC and are very small. Hamata needs some TLC when this small and may still die from shipping shock.
Also remember that it may take some time before you get your plants. Especially if you order in wintertime up to 3-4 months

:pics: purty please........

Ha, lol just noticed that 3 different Josh's posted in this thread........

the exact thing I wanted to know as well. Thanks Macamus3. :) Now, if someone can pitch in and help us to know about clone 3. :)

the exact thing I wanted to know as well. Thanks Macamus3. :) Now, if someone can pitch in and help us to know about clone 3. :)

And clone 4 ;)

Sorry, my computer is ancient and do not have picture uploading capabilities. Hope to fix that in the next month or so. By the way when I got mine from Wistuba, they had a spacial for 2 clones for 55 euros and door to door cost me about $120 US at that time/depends on conversion rate. Not a bad deal since you can't get hamata very easily.

Here a two young Hamatas I got from Wistuba last summer.
It was threw a group order with the NEPCS. It has taken some time, but I think they are settling in.
JMatt

dsc01563uq2.jpg

dsc01560vx3.jpg

dsc01561na1.jpg

2008-03-03

Thanks you so much for the pics JMatt!!:-D
Your hamatas look so happy, What conditions are they growing in?
Thanks again,

-Joshua

They are in a cool growing tank set up for now.
Usually 70's day temp, and 50's night.
JMatt

fantastic hamatas! :) thanks for posting Jmatt. :)

They are in a cool growing tank set up for now.
Usually 70's day temp, and 50's night.
JMatt

Hey Jmatt,
You know the humidity?
And do think they can take a little higher temps especially at night?
As here in FL I do not know if I could provide quite that low of temps during the hot summer. One more thing(sorry!) do you have a favorite out of the two clones?
Thanks,

-joshua

I don't see a difference between the two clones. I have a hamata but I think I might order from there just because yours look so good. How long it take to get them here, how small were they, and what's the shipping cost?

my hamata sees 78 day.....68-72 at night and seems happy.........

I don't see a difference between the two clones.
There's some speculation that they're all (or mostly all) the same exact one. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised...

Well clones 1 and 4 look the same and 2 and 3 look alike, but different from 1 and 4. I got one from a place in MA (can't say that name) but it's still so small so who knows.

And also JMatt, what is your soil mix? Just live LFS or is that a top dressing with a different mix?

Back