What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa x aristolochiodes- 5 months of growth showing the monther's influence

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I got this plant 5 months ago. The speedy influence N. ventricosa (not that it's nearly as fast as N. ventricosa), and heat tolerance, are what I really like about this plant. It grew reasonably fast the warm summers (nights of 70 F), but now that it's winter you can see how the newer leaves are longer and hopefully, as the plant transitions to uppers, they won't lose too much of the color of the lowers. It's not growing faster, just a little larger. Pictures don't really do the palette of this plant justice. I highly recommend this plant to anyone who wants the look of N. aristolochioides, without the low temperature requirements. It's also very compact, which is good!

This was taken in November of last year, about two months after I received it. I don't know what the temperatures in the terrarium are now, since my hygrometer/thermometer broke and I never bothered getting a new one. That's on my to-do list.

DSC02790.jpg

Here they are now. For some reason, the pitchers look almost black in the terrarium but much lighter outside.
DSC03432.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

New pitcher that just opened up yesterday, so it's still very light, but it's showing it's hump nicely.

DSC03435.jpg

It's much faster than my expectations were, so I'm very pleased.

Looks great Clint! Maybe it looks lighter in color outside because the sun is shining through it? Thanks for sharin.

Yes it is very nice. I really like Aristo hybrids.

Very nice plant! :)

I have some of my ventricosas in hawaii they get 90F with 80F at night and well they growm not ultra fast so yep I know what you mean about heat tolerance
Oh there in a greenhouse :D

Great looking plant Clint!!
Let me know when you have cuttings.:D

Really nice. You do such a nice job!

very nice mate. Very nice heli as well. :)

are you sneaking into your house to water it?
Clint talk to your parents.
was this the first time they caught you?
maybe they will give you another chance but you have to prove to them that you want to change, try saying yes mam and yes sir and cooperating.

I can hear Nate's cries of laughter all the way from Illinois.

me to but I have to listen harder because he's farther away.

Back