Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple New plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple New plants

This section has been a little dead lately, so I figured I would try to liven it up a bit with some pics of some new arrivals, 3 Vogelii and a free Rajah . I just purchased these from a fellow forum member and I am quite happy with the plants. The Rajah even has a lil' pitcher on it.

The Vogelii

Vogelii and Free Rajah

Rajah Pitcher
    - Daniel

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn! those are nice plants. Great job! looks like u got them potted as well. SO A+ !! they won't have to skip a beat apart from adjusting to ur conditions and not have to bother about repotting stress and so on. Nice one Daniel. good job!

Just a Q! WHy 3 vogelii?? I want to get one....but I would have never bought 3 of the exact same thing. WHy didn't u get other species....u know....diversify.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    Just a Q! WHy 3 vogelii?? I want to get one....but I would have never bought 3 of the exact same thing. WHy didn't u get other species....u know....diversify.
    Diversity of clones, most likely. I like N. vogellii uppers much more than the lowers; which isn't the case for most Nepenthes species in my opinion. Do you have a good N. rajah setup or did you have modify your growing area to accommodate it?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look healthy. Great!
    Really envy you had such beautiful nepenthes.
    Thanks to your sharing.

Welcome to Duckking Blog.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Diversity of clones, most likely. I like N. vogellii uppers much more than the lowers; which isn't the case for most Nepenthes species in my opinion. Do you have a good N. rajah setup or did you have modify your growing area to accommodate it?

xvart.
    U asking me xvart?? or asking Daniel?? If u are asking me.....I had to modify my lifestyle to accomodate the rajah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx for the comments everyone . I ordered 3 for the clone diversity as xvart suggested Varun. Also, I really do like the uppers and even if they were all the same clone I wouldn't mind having 3 plants because I could grow one outside and a couple inside. That's also the reason why I ordered 8 Burbidgeae lol. I have another small order from EP coming in soon to help me diversify a lil' and I can't wait . Their hybrids really are the best there are worldwide.

I don't have the best Rajah setup, but I did modify a small tank to accomodate them. The Rajah I had before this larger one was real small but after a year I got it to actually make 2 VERY small pitchers. A small victory for me nonetheless .

Thanks again for the comments everyone . I can't wait till I have some nice pitcher pics to share with everyone.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaah! well! great then! If you have the room...the more the merrier. Good luck Daniel. I'm sure they'll do fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Them are nice specimens! Can't wait to see your next ones! Congrats to you, and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast