What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa Haircut

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
I was trimming the ventricosas today and decided to take some pics. They really decided to grow all crazy style this winter.

(click for larger photo)

Really nice! My ventricosa can only manage to keep 2 pitchers at a time. What kind of lights do you grow yours under? They all look really nice.

I grow mine under 4 4' regular lights.

They get misted at least 3 times a day, humidity is anywhere between 40% to 80%. The lights sadly add a lot to that drastic humidity swings.

Highs about 80 during the day, low of 59.

Hope that helps!
Nate

I like the color of the leaves. Nice and green. Not tepid and yellow like my ventricosa. YUCK.

yucky yellow ventricosa

Do you fertilize, Fryster?

The first two higher ones are Lowes clones lol.... but the lower one might have come from BE as I got it from the froggy place a year ago. I did start noticing a color difference though, you can see the lower one is getting a bit of a yellow hint. They all produce very similar pitchers, so I think they might all be the same parent clone, so not sure why the color difference is becoming so evident.

This weekend is the first time fert was given to them. So maybe I'll post an update in a month or two to determine if color has changed at all in these folks.

Nate

Back