What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new PICS of my Hamata

my hamata is cranking out pitchers,typically the peristome is green when they open up and they color up to a dark maroon red and the tips are almost black. anyways here is my hamata's newest pitcher its the largest one to the right.
DSCF2348.jpg

Looks great. Nice cultivation.

xvart.

Looks great. Nice cultivation.

xvart.

Thanks,I can't wait until its larger I am going ot acclimate it new conditions once its like 6-7 inches in diameter.

Very nice DMuscipula :). It looks happy, steadily increasing in size :D.

Daniel

Bravo DM!! Well done! A perfect example that even "higher level difficulty neps" can be grown by newcomers as long as they can accept and understand the conditions needed by the plant. Well done! Looks amazing mate. Man! I sooo want one myself. lol! Lol! Please keep me posted when you get a basal. lol!

Wow~ Nice Shot! The pitcher is more and more beautiful. Excellent!!
Duckking really hope to own the environment of highland nepenthes as soon as I can.
Thanks to your sharing.

Bravo DM!! Well done! A perfect example that even "higher level difficulty neps" can be grown by newcomers as long as they can accept and understand the conditions needed by the plant. Well done! Looks amazing mate. Man! I sooo want one myself. lol! Lol! Please keep me posted when you get a basal. lol!

when I get a basal I will probably keep it,I could always use another vine to take cuttings from.not that I won't ever offer it...

Wow~ Nice Shot! The pitcher is more and more beautiful. Excellent!!
Duckking really hope to own the environment of highland nepenthes as soon as I can.
Thanks to your sharing.

you have troulbe growing highlanders,is it warm at night?
I don't have any lowland nepenthes I wish I could grow some lowland nepenthes without having to do a setup.

that's what my pitchers look likw now, but you plant looks twice as small, very nice :)

A perfect example that even "higher level difficulty neps"

LMAO.. This is one of the easiest neps around to grow. I STILL don't understand why everyone says they are "difficult". They grow in almost any conditions that will support intermediate-highland Neps. They are incredibly adaptable.

Nice looking plant DM.... Congrats!

Thanks guys,yeah I I guess it will grow in all sorts of conditions but I ahve heard it is harder to acclimate to new conditions.

Nice :D I need a tank for highlanders since my windowsill is a light in the summer thing my tank is for intermediates.. Makes me want to get a hamata or rajah but I want to do a reef or fowler setup. MY house is always cool like 62F at night 66F at day.

I'd go with nepenthes over a reef fowler setup.
ANYDAY!!

well abit of both :D
I want some neps this summer but my 55 gallon is 50% full need to fill it then get a place for everything else(not moving my byblis not happening :D )
Fowler stands for fish with lvie rock or something close to that then a reef is just a reef I think.
This nasc I am going to get some nepenthes,drosera,drosera and maybe some urtics liek gibba.

I think I have a green light for a new nep setup in the summer...however..I am still deciding whether I should go "TANK" or go "indoor greenhouse style". Surely tanks like these ones I am seeing are very very enticing as they look wicked even as just display pieces. :) Ofcouse....only with plants in them, I mean. ;)

lmao! the greenhouse thing will be a lot more major project and I personally feel that I need to wait till I finish my education for that. But I am not sure.....the problem with aquarium style setups is the tank itself is veyr very heavy and delicate. I will still be living offcampus next yr and there will still be some moving around in the years to come at least a couple of times each yr. SO I need something relatively easy to manage and move around.

a ten gallon then haha or a growshelf.

see...I have a grow shelf now. What I want is a tank style setup. But instead of getting a ready made fish tank which will be relatively heavy for the size I want (40-50 gallons)...I rather make somehting myself. The reason being I wouldn't be using too thick glass. I can probably get away with using wooden frame with glass sides. It won't be meant for holding water...but basically for maintaining humidity. Basically the nice tank with doors style setup. Thats the plan for now. We'll see how it goes once summer arrives. But I surely need to change my setup as the highlanders clearly need good conditions.

Back