What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

find any thing unusual?

Did any of you find some unusual neps at the local garden center? Pics? i just get the regular stuff but found a N. Rafflesiana x ? how bout you?

I've heard stories of people finding 6" Nepenthes in hanging baskets at Home Depot and Lowe's, but I've never seen them personally. I picked up a small N. coccinea at Lowes a couple of years ago, and an N. ventrata at Home Depot a few weeks ago.

I found a nep in a cube at lowes once, and a ventricosa at a garden nursery once...but nothing else...I am sure I will go hunting once the weather gets warmer, maybe I will get lucky and find something :).

I hear these tales as well, but have not found anything out of the ordinary at HD or Lowes. I guess it depends on the region you're in. I thought that I'd heard of raffs at Home Depot, but I only see them at some greenhouses that resell the TC wholesale plants.

I've gotten a few HUGe ventrata's from my local armstrongs. Like, 2.5 ft. huge.

i heard some guy found a glabrata in a garden center! Ludwig i believe...

I've gotten a few HUGe ventrata's from my local armstrongs. Like, 2.5 ft. huge.

i heard some guy found a glabrata in a garden center! Ludwig i believe...

N. glabrata in a garden center? Can we get Ludwig in here to confirm this?!

I don't believe he found that one at a Nursery. I may be wrong, but I don't believe he mentioned glabrata when I asked him this same question. I do know he found a brownish Sanguinea at a local Nursery, which I believe is the same kind I picked up like 6 months back from the same nursery. I still am not sure because the plant was in terrible conditions and it is just now about to inflate its first pitcher for me. I do remember Srduggins mentioning some real nice random hybrids from gublers that were unidentified. It had some nice peristome striping if i recall correctly. I guess some areas just get nice plants in, while others are stuck with the same ole same ole or nothing at all.

Daniel

that's cool hopefully we will all find some bizzare or rare nepenthes

Back