Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Care information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha 2 40 watt lights if you want use a 50/50 midx of daylight and cool white and I would save the flourescents for winter when light levels are lower and just grow them on the window the rest of the year.
    16 hours of light is good according to pk and don't worry nepenthes ventricosa is very forgiving of mistakes. and if you want more easy to grow species I suggest n. sanguinea and
    N. ventricosa x maxima ( n. x red leopard)
    Andy has nice sized sanguinea for sale.

they have prewired four foot shoplights at homedepot for 8-9$
    they are dual tube also idk what the total cost would be with bulbs but I imagine cheaper than 20$ and oh it's not on their website.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-09-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: merged posts... again.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Get a 4' dual tube fluorescent with the GE Daylight bulbs. (should cost $20 total from Walmart). Put the plants as close to it as possible.
    so the daylight bulbs would work? I know for orchids they say to use both cool and warm bulbs, so for CPs do you only need the cool bulbs?

Edit; another question, I want to put these into hanging pots, what type of hanging pot is best for Nepenthes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the blueish looking GE Daylights. They're 6100K I think. I used some "warm" ones that were yellowish and they work, but not as good. I've also used the red flowering bulbs which are crap because they're too weak. I think to get neps to flower, light intensity is a bit more important than color.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12