User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't let my LLs be under-represented...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's pretty much what my campy looks like too - same situation. Good growing! The thorellii 'Giant Tiger' looks happy.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice PK! That Fusca Sarawak is looking pretty good. When did your chaniana x veitchii lose its peristome striping? Thanks for sharing.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Caps,
    That pitcher just opened, and it has a couple more inflating all at once. It finally got used to my conditions and is taking off. Also, in the winter, it was getting temps in the low 60s sometimes, so I didn't really water it much for a couple months. Now it gets to proper amount of water, and my chamber is about 90F during the day lol. That's reassuring to hear that about you camp. I think both of ours just need some time and they'll be off.

Nepenthes,
    The best part is I treat it just like a lowlander (I even grow it in my peat-heavy lowland mix). I was given the plant this summer to experiment on, but the only flower it had died before it fully developed (wasn't rooted yet). I've got 3 plants from the original cutting, and the original is about a foot long now. Seems to be one of those plants that just doesn't care. The chaniana x veitchii still has peristome striping, but this pitcher just opened a day or so ago, and it is hidden behind and between pots, so it doesn't get very much light.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sehr schön! Deine Pflanzen sieht sehr ausgezeichnet aus.

This is just a general question but, are there any signs that a nep is going to flower? I had mentioned to somebody that one of mine was slowing down, and getting very woody, and he said perhaps it is getting ready to flower. Now that a new leaf has started to grow, I noticed that it kind of looks like the pictures you posted.

And BTW, really nice x Black Dragon and Sarawak. You really do grow superb plants.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just a general question but, are there any signs that a nep is going to flower?
    Some of my plants will grow at the speed of a glacier for a little bit, even making smaller leaves, before popping out a flower. Some don't produce any pitchers for 2-5 leaves before a flower comes out. Some just grow like normal lol. Usually I just get a "feeling" that a plant is about to flower. Call it a sixth sense. You can tell the second they start flowering (about a month before you can actually see the flower) because the leaf sheath will be far thicker than normal, and have a bulge in it. I think it was Geoff of EP who told me once that at that stage, you can shine a powerful flashlight through the sheath and determine its gender at that early a stage.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sanguinea doesn't bleed, but it's finally starting to look more mature and put out some fatter, thicker pitchers. This pitcher opened prematurely for some reason. Hopefully the next pitcher will be bigger.

N. mirabilis "toothless old man". Actually more like wo-man:

That's a 1-off pitcher. It's the first one it's made in my conditions and was halfway inflated when it got here, so it's still getting used to things. I'm hoping for flowers soon but I highly doubt that will happen any time in the foreseeable future.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen anything like the N. mirabilis "toothless old man". before. Fascinating, but kind of ugly. But then again, if ugliness were a sole limiting factor, I wont have a very bright future, so i better hope it isnt :0

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Ron... that thing is fugly. The rest of your collection is real nice though . Make sure to share some pics of your new additions here when they come in from me (and Ludwig and Steve of course ) and Sam.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast