What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Tips on Sprouting these Species?

Jefforever

A yellow M&M
I got some N. Sanguinea, Ramispina, and Macfarlanei seeds in the mail today. Anyone have tips on sprouting these particular species?

0328081315.jpg

Thanks.

I have some splendiana x (veitchii x tiveyi) and I only got germination on peat moss and perlite only one of the seeds that was in LFS sprouted for me.

I sprout on pure cocopeat, but lfs works, as does peat/perlite. The key is steady humidity and warm temperatures. Even for highlanders it seems that they like the warm.

Capslock

Sanguinea germinated easily for me. I got them probably 2 or 3 weeks after they were harvested though. Anyway, mixed up some 5:2:2 peat/perlite/vermiculite, and threw it in a giant bowl-shaped pot (14" I think). I had a ton of seed lol. In fact, you seem to have gotten yours from the same source. Anyway, I put said bowl in a tank where it was very humid, but the air was stale. Admittedly, the lighting in the tank was way too dim, and I had to manually turn it on, so they only got about 8 hrs of light a day. Despite these terrible conditions, I had a good number pop up within about 3-4 weeks.

Just keep em wet.

wow! could u please tell me where you got the ramispina and the macfarlenei seeds??? I would love to try those species from seed. :)

Back