What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

confused beginner... is my plant healthy??

laxgoal

I Like Watching Things Grow...
Ok, so here is my N. Mikei. I Keep it under 30 watt floros in a terrarium, the leaves have turned slightly red. Is this ok?
nep1001.jpg

wow that is reassuring, thanks!

Of course it is probably getting better growing conditions than it was before... di you change the growing conditions recently?

Yeah, Nepenthes tend to turn a healthy, reddish tint when grown in strong light. Your plant looks pretty healthy, so nothing to worry about!

I don't grow Nepenthes, but I would say it's really healthy, but you might want to slighty keep the water down just a little tiny bit (Your choice, though :p).

Yeah I wouldn't keep a highlander too wet. I grow my HLs/intermediates very dry. I also don't let water pool on the leaves. Might not be a great idea.

ok, thanks guys! I was also wondering, When one of my pitchers shrivels up, it doesnt mean the plant is unhealthy. Cause the right pitcher shriveled up but the left one still looks fine. I just got this plant like 2 weeks ago, It is my first nep i guess im just worried :blush:

No. Pitchers will shrivel up and die because of being shipped, changes in humidity, etc. It doesn't effect the overall health of the plant. They also will eventually die after a period of time no matter what.

Back