What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts on N.'trusmadiensis'

• Thread starter Blazeddayz
  • Start date
Has anyone had any luck with this guy? or Whats your thoughts on this hybrid? Have any pic's of cultivated baby's (besides whats posted on the web)?

Thanks
Josh

Have never grown but got one coming. Will let you know.

This is a very expensive and rare hybrid that has been offered only a couple times in the past, and now it seems as though it has finally been put into TC. You may not find many people that have had this plant for very long on this forum. I just ordered a couple as well, but it's going to take a couple months before I can share my experience on it.

This is a very expensive and rare hybrid that has been offered only a couple times in the past, and now it seems as though it has finally been put into TC. You may not find many people that have had this plant for very long on this forum. I just ordered a couple as well, but it's going to take a couple months before I can share my experience on it.

Hey there by chance did you get clone 1&2 or just #2? You said couple so I figured you didn't get two of the same. Macamus3 did you get the #1 or 2?

Thanks
Josh

According to BE, there is no noticeable difference between 1 & 2 ATM.

I ordered clone #2, can't wait to get it. Planning to give solid highland conditions indoors under artificaial light. Will try to give an update when I've had for a couple months.

I asked for clone 1 & 2 (haven't received them yet) but they may be all out of clone 1 in which case I will get 2 clone 2's.

I don't currently have trusmadiensis but i do have two hybrids,one crossed with maxima and one with ventricosa and they grow very well for me outside here in Australia.The one crossed with maxima with get huge as long as you keep it very humid and a little on the cool side so i would say trusmadiensis would require the same conditions.

I would love to have one but they are about $120-$150 and I just can't pay that for a plant that might decide to up and die. I guess that I will wait until the price drops again!

I asked for clone 1 & 2 (haven't received them yet) but they may be all out of clone 1 in which case I will get 2 clone 2's.

At $150 a plant, send it back if they send you two of the same clone. You paid for two clones, you should get two clones.

Seriously, you should!

I want one (heck, i want EVERY rare nep) really bad, but like bucky said, i just cant imagine if $150 just died.

At $150 a plant, send it back if they send you two of the same clone. You paid for two clones, you should get two clones.

Nah, he told me they may be out of clone 1 and I told him if that was the case then to send me 2 clone 2's. He's pretty legit, it's not like he would just send them to me without my approval first. I don't mind if they're both the same clone. They are going to take forever to grow anyway, might as well have two :).

Both clones are more than likely male anyway, so I'm sure you won't be missing out on anything....

Im now seriously considering getting some. They dont happen to grow any faster than lowii, do they? I hate how slow it is...

Both male ya think? Ahhh...

Speaking of which, how's your gender-bender project going phission?

In a year or so the price will drop and you all will be sad at the whole it put in your pocket books :jester:

Im now seriously considering getting some. They dont happen to grow any faster than lowii, do they?

I seen on Nepsaroundthehouse he said quote "Cultivation: easy, moderate grower for a highlander, grows faster than both parents"

In a year or so the price will drop and you all will be sad at the whole it put in your pocket books

I think in a year I will be so happy with my plant I would have forgotten what I paid for it.:-D

Josh

Most TC plants are male. The ratio in the wild is something like 5:1 male to female. If you looked at TC plants available now and tried to extrapolate how the ratio is in the wild, it would make us think the ratio is something like 200:1 male to female. That's a little bit ridiculous. Seed grown material ftw ;)

My experiment had some highs and lows lol. I wrote up a little article and sent it into the CPN. I think it'll go in the "news and views" section though. Unfortunately, it didn't make it into this issue, so we'll have to wait 3 months and see if it is in the next.

In a year or so the price will drop and you all will be sad at the whole it put in your pocket books :jester:

Consider the cost of Hamata, and just how long that plant has been in Tissue Culture (My last one was around 100$). Particularly nice hybrids/clones will always be expensive because of demand. Even if you consider Wistuba's Hamatas, the price is still high when you factor in the conversion rate of Euros to USD and even then you will receive a small plant fresh out of TC.

Daniel

ven if you consider Wistuba's Hamatas, the price is still high when you factor in the conversion rate of Euros to USD
Don't forget to factor in having to order multiples because of their high mortality rate....
(his plants in general, not just hamata)
Oh, lol @ pinky nail sized TC plants....

I dont know i will wait and hope i guess for pirces to drop down a little anything is better than $100. Also does "His" the guy with a W have a high mortality rate or something when he is shipping plants? Just wondering

-Ryan

Back