Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neps Lighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neps Lighting

Hi guys soo i have 2 neps now and am wondering if they will get enough light living under 2 40W flourescents for 12-14 huors a day? I am pretty sure this will work but am just getting reasured.. they will be 4-8" from the pot the way i have them set up.... What do you say

Ryan
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say that is plenty of light. Those are the 4' shoplights correct? Even if they are only T12's they should be just fine.

What type of bulbs are you using?

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds fine to me, but I'd move the light as close as you can; it's brighter that way.

I saw this shoplight today, and the box says it emits 30% more light while using 2 32W T8's as opposed to 2 40W T12s. Let's keep in mind T8's emit 2700 lumens per bulb, and T12's emit 3000 (GE daylight bulbs). Now, will someone explain to me how a thinner, weaker bulb emits more light?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Sounds fine to me, but I'd move the light as close as you can; it's brighter that way.

I saw this shoplight today, and the box says it emits 30% more light while using 2 32W T8's as opposed to 2 40W T12s. Let's keep in mind T8's emit 2700 lumens per bulb, and T12's emit 3000 (GE daylight bulbs). Now, will someone explain to me how a thinner, weaker bulb emits more light?
    Hrmm... that's a very good question. Of course the diameter of the bulb is almost irrelevant considering T5's are even thinner and brighter, but as for the lumen output of the bulbs that is perplexing.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its just efficiency. T8 bulbs are more efficient than T12's and T5's are more than T8's. In a nutshell, one can say advancement in technology?? I know its a real stupid answer for those wanting a scientific reply...but I am too lazy to look up the physics behind it. All I know is based on personal experience with similar sized T8 and T12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its a real stupid answer for those wanting a scientific reply...but I am too lazy to look up the physics behind it.
    I'll just take your word for it and go pick up some T8s tomorrow. If they don't look as bright when I stare at them, I'll just take them back or something
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK what type of 40W are good guys?

Thanks for all the help so far
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vraev View Post
    its just efficiency. T8 bulbs are more efficient than T12's and T5's are more than T8's. In a nutshell, one can say advancement in technology?? I know its a real stupid answer for those wanting a scientific reply...but I am too lazy to look up the physics behind it. All I know is based on personal experience with similar sized T8 and T12.
    I understand the efficiency behind it, I was just referring to the lumen output of the bulbs as advertised.
    - Daniel

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast