Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Random Pics

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply Daniel. Well...I guess I need to figure out a way to use the weather outside to cool my highlanders as well. hmmm.....I am thinking of some way to vent the cold air from outside to my basement directly into the nep setup. Well...I guess I need to first come up with a good setup. I am considering a number of options:
    1) terrarium style: use made 90 gal aquarium
    2) terrarium style... but DIY style with lighter materials as I won't be filling the 90 gal with water.
    3) indoor walk-in greenhouse style

The problem for me is that it has to be easily transportable..i.e, rip it apart, move and put it up. Thats why I am not too enthusiastic of getting like a 90gal tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do what I did. PVC + 6mil plastic = success.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am actually considering that. However, I am also thinking about using a lot sturdier material than just plastic sheets. Imagine this: making a nice display style...easy to move terrarium style setup using lexan sheets. Basically custom make them such that I can construct a terrarium piece by piece. SO all sheets come apart. Have a sheet at the bottom, but use a tray for the plants as their main bottom. SO water will collect in there. However, they will be on gravel to prevent sitting in water. This way, the purpose of humidity will be met, the issue with a small compact setup that is easily movable will be met as well making it more compatible with any house that I find next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice, some of the sphagnum in my hamata pot is turning red now.
    very nice nepenthes
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for the compliments everyone . The LFS came with the Hamata and it grows like it's on a mission. I regularly pull it out and throw clumps into my other pots. Slowly, but surely, I will have some in every pot .

Make sure to take some pics and share with us once you complete your project Varun . I've been considering making an indoor greenhouse or something as well, since I hardly have any usable space in my backyard.

Thx Muscipula , we have the same moss so yours will definitely turn the reddish color in bright light. BTW, do you use supplemental lighting to your 15W fluorescent on your Hamata tank?

Daniel
    - Daniel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123