Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Random Pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Random Pics

Just cleaned out one of my tanks a little bit, so I figured I would pull out some plants and take some pics.

Here is a particularly dark and purple form of Spathulata. It is so dark inside the pitcher that I had to turn the flash on or else it was just pitch black. When I first got it, it had no pitchers on it, and it was actually the wrong plant that was sent to me. I told the vendor not to worry because I did not have one yet so I would just keep it (it was the same cost as the original plant I ordered). Now I am quite pleased with it, because I haven't seen any Spathulatas that are quite as dark as this one. Even the lid looks like it is black and dying, but it is actually just splotched with purple.

When I first received it.

Now:

Here is my newest pitcher on my 'Marbled Dragon'. I think I am particularly fond of this plant because it was my first Nep which I received as a very tiny TC runt.

Heres a Maxima x Trusmadiensis I picked up from Ludwig the other day. I think this should end up looking really nice.

Some people find Ventricosa x Inermis to be boring, but I kind of like it.

Heres my shameful Mira I have mentioned a couple times in different posts... I never should have bought from this certain vendor, because they always sent me their smallest crappiest plants. I know other vendors carry larger size Miras, but oh well. I won't be going back to this particular vendor.

Heres my Sibuyanensis x Hamata. It doesn't really have a toothy peristome, but hopefully it will improve as it matures. It is a steady grower though.

Heres my baby Hamata that I just love. I can't wait until it gets larger.

I just love Jaquelineae. It is surprisingly easy to grow too.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice looking plants you have there! Nice growing.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE! All your stuff looks great....except the mira, which you might want to spray with an acaricide. Some of my plants (guess what vendor they came from?) started to look like that out of nowhere, then go into a rapid decline. I'd do it at least as a precaution, because if that plant does have mites, it's gone in a few weeks tops.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys .

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    NICE! All your stuff looks great....except the mira, which you might want to spray with an acaricide. Some of my plants (guess what vendor they came from?) started to look like that out of nowhere, then go into a rapid decline. I'd do it at least as a precaution, because if that plant does have mites, it's gone in a few weeks tops.
    I've had that plant for almost 7 months and it has always looked that crappy. It grows super slow and just looks awful. I will still try the acaricide though, thanks for the advice .

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants Nepenthes! Cant wait to see some bigger pitches of that N. hamata x sib.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had that plant for almost 7 months and it has always looked that crappy. It grows super slow and just looks awful.
    Same story with some of the plants I've gotten from there. Then the leaves started getting th e little red dots, and then I noticed some silver streaking a bit later and threw them out. Now I know what that is and as soon as I get those little red dots again, I'm going to treat. No matter what conditions you give the plants, if they have mites and are left untreated, they're finished.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Plants! Especially the hamata and jaquelineae...man I want a hamata BAD.

I've had the same bad experience with that dealer... the gymnamphora was tiny and the lowii had barely any roots.....so much so that it fell out of the pot. But they are pitchering and happy now.
    Join the Florida Carnivorous Plant Society today!
    My tiny growlist and Big want list. Check out growlist for trade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Plants! That hamata is sweet!
    Max

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast