What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just got my EP order in today and I am sooo stoked. I also got some other plants in trades, including my favorite plant of all time...

(Spectabilis x Talangensis) x (Northiana x Veitchii) : This one has an amazing peristome and beautiful coloration. It is a real winner.
SpecxTalangxxNorthxVeitchiiArrival.jpg

Carunculata (Var. Robusta) x Ventricosa 'Squat'
CarunculataVarRobustaxVentSquatArri.jpg

Izumeae x Trusmadiensis
IzumeaexTMArrival.jpg

(Spathulata x Aristo) x (Lowii x Ventricosa)
SpathulataxAristoxxLowiixVentricosa.jpg

I also got a Spectabilis x (Lowii x Ventricosa) but I think I left it at Ludwig's house. I was so tired and overwhelmed by all the plants that I forgot about this sweet little plant. It kind of looks like a darker, nicer Spec x Ventricosa though. The Lowii should hopefully come out as it gets older.

And my favorite plant of all time, that I feel so lucky to have and have undying gratitude for Srduggins for, Spectabilis x Veitchii:
SpecxVeitchiiWholeArrival.jpg

SpecxVeitchiiPitchersArrival.jpg

SOOO STOKED lol. EP's plants are always great, and their hybrids only get better with time.

Daniel

Yeah that last one is amazing. Glad you're happy with what you got. I'm still waiting for my plant to come in. I think I might poop my pants when I finally get it though. I got a [(thorelii x rafflesiana - Singapore) x (inermis x talangensis)].

<----- Jealous

I'm a huge fan of Spectabilis crosses, especially yours now.

Very very nice. I only wish EP would sell species again, especially highlanders. BTW...I recognise that excitement. No matter how old you, how experienced you are, the excitement level at getting new plants in this hobby is universal. ;D Congratulations Daniel. They look tops. :D Keep us updated on that izumiae x trusmadiensis, it might be one of those diamonds in the rough. ;)

hey, you use superthrive :D.
does it work?

Very Nice!
Yay another superthrive user!

Thanks for the compliments everyone :).

I don't personally use Superthrive very much (though I do have a bottle). That pic was taken at Srduggins' house. I try to use some when taking cuttings, but that's it. He puts a little in his spray bottles and sprays down the plants when they first come in. His plants look wonderful, so I think I may have to emulate him.

Daniel

Edit: Oh yeah Ron, your plant looks pretty nice :). Perhaps I can send that Amp with the EP plant to save on some shipping.

Fantastic plants. I really shouldn't have clicked on this thread, as the Nep bug is biting me again, and I'm thinking I'll add to my collection soon. Your pics only made it worse!

Perhaps I can send that Amp with the EP plant to save on some shipping.
Yeah if you want to go ahead. Saving money is always an interest of mine lol. That eymae hybrid should be rooted soon. Like I said, I'm digging it up as soon as this leaf is finished (I need to repot anyway).

Hey Ron,

I'm about to send out your plants. Looks like you got a bonus [(Thorelii x Rafflesiana) x Thorelii] x Merrilliana too! :).

Daniel

After some hunting around, we found the missing Spectabilis x (Lowii x Ventricosa)... whew.

SpecxLowiixVentArrival.jpg

SpecxLowiixVentPitcherArrival.jpg

Amazing plants. I love that cross in the first picture.
I'm sorry, what does EP stand for? Is that a company? I know your not allowed to say company names, so if it is, pm or email me please.
-matt

Exotica Plants. You can talk about them cuz they're in Australia. It's not exactly cake getting their plants over here.

This may be a bit off-topic, but how do I get in on an order from EP?

Know the right people, or come up with about $800.

Additionally, I believe the official stance of TF is that we do not support the official organization of group orders, publicly or privately. This is because of the difficulty and the necessity of group collaboration and money changing hands and the level of accountability necessary of all individuals involved. If you follow some of the group order troubles on the other CP forums you'll know exactly why that stance is held here.

xvart.

Yeah... group orders have had their money stolen, have had people back out, and have stuff fall through. Basically hang out for a while, get to know the right people, and if you're lucky one of your friends will let you tag on to their order as they did with me :).

EDIT: Hey... LLeopardGGecko don't you live in San Diego now?

Back