What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My turn to show off new plants. Two shipments came in today.

DSCN0231.jpg

N. ampullaria Brunei Red from Daniel, which he was nice enough to ship potted (+1)
In sphag (-12)
Lol just messing with you dude.

(thorelii x rafflesiana Singapore) x (talangensis x inermis):
DSCN0239.jpg

The stem looks inermisy:
DSCN0240.jpg

(thorelii x rafflesiana) x thorelii) x merrilliana):
DSCN0237.jpg

Pitcher already closing unfortunately

I think the leaves look cool. Pretty merrillianaish if you ask me:
DSCN0238.jpg

N. Hamakua (N. thorelii x (maxima x veitchii) X campanulata):
DSCN0234.jpg

The growth point snapped off during shipping :(

N. Caesar (merrilliana x truncata):
DSCN0232.jpg

With 2 growth points:
DSCN0233.jpg

And lastly, N. kona:
DSCN0236.jpg

With 3 growth points:
DSCN0235.jpg

That's it for now, more in a couple days.

N. ampullaria omg i love it!! I want one sooo bad. Well congratualiations it looks awsome!
:clap:

Very nice Ron :). I take it back, that (thorelii x Raff) x (talang x Inermis) does look better than the freebie. It could be because it's making uppers but it's got some nice coloration. I don't think that Amp is potted in LFS. I could be wrong, but I thought it was in a peat/perlite mix. I don't really remember because I took the cutting a long time ago as a tiny woody stem. I do know I put some live LFS on top as a dressing though. I repotted my other Amps in LFS and they definitely don't mind though. My mother plant probably has about 30-40 pitchers inflating.

Those aren't uppers, these are what the uppers should look like (photo from Exotica):
thorxraffxtalxinup.jpg

Very nice... true that, I didn't notice the wings. I was just thinking that since it was a rooted cutting it probably wouldn't be producing true lowers right now. Either way it's looking very nice. I guess I forgot and the amp was potted in LFS/Perlite, bad memory >.<.

Beautiful plants!
That Caesar is gunna be a monster!

Very nice plants there I really like the N.Caesar also with the N. Hamakua's growth point breaking will it grow back eventually?

Yep it'll pop out of where it broke off. The plant will just have one less leaf than it would otherwise.

I ordered a Sanguinea in a 3.5 pot and that happened to it so it's growth point is now just about 1Cm the Nep is really nice it has one pitcher fully formed and one allmost forming so I really am glad it'll do ok if I keep growing it in the right condition also the tip that left is now brown and dried on the very top so my guess it's healing.

Thanks alot phissionkorps for that I'm a bit more confident with this new plant now.

All of the plants look really nice, but I like the (thorelii x rafflesiana Singapore) x (talangensis x inermis) the best.

I had two basals on my thorelii (d) x truncata that had their growth tips go totally black. And I mean totally. I cut them off at about 1/4" from the very base of the tip, and a few weeks later, a goofy gnarled leaf popped out, and now they are growing normally again.

My favorite solution for 99% of nep problems is to do absolutely nothing. If your growth tip snaps off, as long as you keep the plant in good conditions, it'll pop another growth tip out of the same place, or activate a node or basal. I've accidentally broken just the tip off my alata giant x spectabilis THREE TIMES and it's now got 2 growth points going strong.

Wow, I really want an amp. What I'm really drooling over is the Coors though. (Not really, but I thought it would be a good interjection. Why couldn't you have picked a good German beer?) BTW, your pictures are always my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

N. Hamakua I like it looks like camp but with better color not as green.

Why couldn't you have picked a good German beer?
Because I drank them all lol. Coors is actually the only beverage I had in my fridge. Coors = Texas water. And contrary to popular belief, its pronounced like, "Kerrs Laight". Haha W. TX ftw.

N. Hamakua I like it looks like camp but with better color not as green.
Most campanulata hybrids look like whatever the other plant was, but with the campanulata shape. Very dominant shape in hybrids, just like ventricosa.

woohoo! wow! nice plants man! I love the amp. :D amazing. :D

Yay! N. Hamakua and N. Kona! Support our wonderful Nepenthes breeder over here in the middle of the ocean!

That amp looks good enough... to eat... omnnomnomnom...

Nepenthes (+1)

Coors Lights (-10)

:-))

That's nice that you got several growth points on the N. Kona and N. Caeser.

xvart.

Dude, they're awesome! I'm getting my first nep soon, Yay! Welp, forgot my bib so I have to change my shirt XD.

Back