Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drooling Ventricosa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what? Is that difficult to get to happen? My ventricosa dose that all summer and it only stops in fall/winter. I also now have a habit of grabbing the back and sides of any pitcher I touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    So, what? Is that difficult to get to happen?
    Sizzle... oh feel'n the burn! Sorry Ant, it was just a photo opportunity that I came across and not too much else.

My nepenthes collection is mostly only a year and a half old, almost all of them coming from tiny BE clones (lowii, uggh). I've only started seeing some of my plants produce nectar for the first time, and don't come across photos of that happening very often either. At least, not of them going nuts and drooling all over the place.

Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it taste good XD?
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capensis View Post
    Does it taste good XD?
    YES!!!!
    excess nectar will rot the peristome or the side of the pitcher where it drips down I suggest leaving some but wiping off some of the extra nectar with a moist rag or you can eat it like I do it's rather sweet!! besides you probably have eaten honey and it's bee vomit why not eat nepenthes drool?
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    besides you probably have eaten honey and it's bee vomit why not eat nepenthes drool?
    Lol, I'm drooling for Nepenthes drool XD.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not vomit, it is from the crop witch is like a stomach except, it doesn't absorb nutrients but, rather degests them somewhat and is used to feed colony members and young. Wasp invented paper, bees invented wax and honey, and ants invented the garden! Why do we get the credit for all those things?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    excess nectar will rot the peristome or the side of the pitcher where it drips down I suggest leaving some but wiping off some of the extra nectar with a moist rag or you can eat it like I do it's rather sweet!! besides you probably have eaten honey and it's bee vomit why not eat nepenthes drool?
    This has never happened to me before, and I've had plenty of nectar all over creation... Anyways, that wouldn't make any sense at all... Evidence?

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a picture to backup my statement. I don't take pictures of pitchers when they start to die, I take pictures when they form or when the tendril develops a pitcher. Or when the pitcher opens and the peristome colors up.
    On my ventricosa the top half of the pitcher did not turn brown but instead down the side of the pitcher about halfway it turned black and mushy, the pitcher was not really old. And before this happened to me somebody had told me that extra nectar will rot the peristome but I can't recall who. It was in the chatroom thought so if you want go read the archives.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast