Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. Jacquileanea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't really reccomend a jaq just yet, nor an aristo. Slow down. Lowii was ambitious for a 1-month-old CPer, but good luck with it . I would highly recommend maxima, it's very easy and a fast and breathe thaking plant. I love mine. Fusca's another good one that went crazy on my grow rack. But then "grow rack" is a broad term as PK said. Do you know what minimum and maximum temps it gets to in the day and at night? And any idea about the humidity? Light is also very important, how many bulbs/what kind of light do you use? Flourescents? MH?
    Here are some good, easy and breathe thaking hybrids.
    "Sabre, "black dragon," "marbled dragon" and "red dragon."
    basically any hybrid involving maxima, ventricosa, or alata.
    truncata worked for me, but gawd it's slow. I have a pasian highland form.
    macfarlanei also worked, but some people say it needs high humidity. Haven't found that to be true...
    hope this helps
    Ben

P.S. I just had to make fun of your spelling. "Breathe thaking..."
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he got his lowii from the same place I did and mine doesn't look great it arrived in rather poor conditions but I grow hamata really well so it's not like I can't grow lowii.
    I have an epphipiata that does great right now it's forming two new pitchers at once and it has like 4-5 new leaves that have formed since I bought it mid-late winter.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're on the topic of spelling, you butchered the name of the taxon. Its jacquelineae.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    "Sabre, "black dragon," "marbled dragon" and "red dragon."

You need to mention these are impossible to find anymore. Especially N. x black dragon
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but I grow hamata really well so it's not like I can't grow lowii.
    that's incorrect. hamata is NOT a hard plant to grow. if its anything like its cousin N. tentaculata it would be one of my easiest growing highlanders. lowii likes it much cooler for signifigant growth increse. mine is just a tad too hot and the leaves arent increasing in size. pitcher to leaf ratio is 2:1!!! and epphipiata is way easier growing that lowii is.

saying that if you grow this plant then you can grow this plant cant be applied to Nepenthes. you could start with ventrata and work your way up to villosa. so if you can grow ventrata then that must mean you can grow villosa...doesn't work like that.

anywho back to the main point. from what i know and heard N. jacq is a typical highlander. high humidity and cool nights and warm days. give it that and you should be ok. however like other people said.... unless you know for 100% sure you can grow it. dont get it. the price on one of those babies will make your wallet cry if your conditions arent right. start small. and slowly work your way up.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    beat me to it glider!

I forgot to mention bongso, easy and breathethaking plant. Dark, dark purple.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    What conditions would you recommend for those two? I just happen to receive them both recently.
    Hey there Jim,

I usually maintain a decent daytime humidity ~60-70%. My daytime temps are usually 70-80F. My nighttime humidity is usually very saturated (probably 90+%, and my night temps aren't difficult to attain at 60-65F. I grow the Jaq and Aristo in a tank so the humidity is fairly consistent. I also have them under T5 lighting. The Jaq appears to be more vigorous than the Aristo, but this could be because of the vendor I received the Aristo from.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but this could be because of the vendor I received the Aristo from.
    lulz
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast