Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. Jacquileanea

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the hamata has a bad rap only due to its very early stages of high sensitivity to low humidity and requirement for proper acclaimatisation. I guess the 100$ plants from the VENDOR that DM got it...have been well acclaimatised to greenhouse conditions...unlike the TC babies from the main source. But yeah.... lowii is a perfect highlander.....its right there in a zone which defines the plants you can grow. If you are fine with lowii...u can probably grow burbidguae, ramispina, jacq., izumiae, etc...etc...without problems. However...plants such as talangensis are a step further as they have their own requirements for high lighting. I think that has been lacking in my setup and hence the talang for me hasn't yet pitchered.

Basically you work up your way as Alex mentioned. At a month of experience, unless you have read tons of stuff on these plants, are willing to go down the bumpy road of a major change to your lifestyle (as harder plants require a bit more attention), you should first stick to beautiful hybrids which are generally easier.....or even....try a ramispina...which IMO is a very underrated species. It is among my favorite species and can be a sight to behold if grown well. its also a very friendly and easy highlander to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to mention these are impossible to find anymore.
    Unless you want a seed grown sibling of Red Dragon. Same grex = close enough, right?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My jaq is my favorite plant! It grows quite fast, and as long as the humidity is over 50% it pitchers! granted, it has acclimated for a few months, but still. You could adapt it to nearly everything, but i wouldn't risk it so soon into your cp obsession. As everyone else is saying, start lower. If you like the flared peristome look, try the "flared peristome" version of maxima!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to meove them to the water bath, where I keep B. liniflora and an N. globosa.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Unless you want a seed grown sibling of Red Dragon. Same grex = close enough, right?
    I still have no Idea where you would ever find one.
    And if there's one thing you've taught us, it's that seed grown is the best.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still have no Idea where you would ever find one.
    I've got 2 cuttings. One's rooted, one isn't. I posted it in the trading section just a few days ago and no one seemed to want it.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123