Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N. Jacquileanea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. Jacquileanea

Would this species work well on a grow rack? I really would like to know of some species that are breath taking that will work on a rack. Preferablbly higlanders
    My Grow List: Working on building it back up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? The fact it would be resting on a rack (or not) is totally and completely irrelevant. You could grow it on a brick if you could provide the right conditions, or in the trunk of a car, or wherever. Fail to provide the right conditions, and it'll die, regardless of where its grown.

Considering the cost and your barely (if that) 1 month of experience, I'd wait a long time before committing to that, were I you.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jacquelineae is not a hard plant to grow in the right conditions. However achieving the right conditions may be hard. It is a very finicky plant and not recommended for a novice. It also has a hefty price tag, and that money could be put towards buying more plants that will grow better in your conditions with less risk. If you have lots of money buy one and experiment, if you don’t have lots of money build your collection starting with easy ones and working your way up. I will say that there are many nepenthes that are much much harder to grow than jacquelineae. In my opinion i think you should expand your collection with easier to grow plants, try aristolochioides, it is becoming more available and in my opinion is much more forgiving than the jacquelineae, but still is an awesome looking plant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually find my Jaquelineae to be quite an easy species. I also find it easier than my Aristolochioides. I do maintain high humidity, however my temperatures can be quite high on occasion and the plant seems to not mind too much. Either way, as PK and Sgardner have advised, you may want to try a couple nice inexpensive hybrids to start out with. There are plenty out there that are quite spectacular. If you still intend on getting one, you shouldn't have many problems with it. Give it cool nights, good consistent light, and high humidity. You could even do a small 5 gallon tank or something since it will take quite a while to outgrow that considering the size they are sold at. Good luck.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to try this plant, but the price always scares me away. It seems to be pretty easy to obtain though, unlike N. hamata.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well...one thing though. HOW is your Lowii doing? Lowii is a typical highlander. If your lowii is growing steadily without problems and is pitchering...then you shall have no probs with a jacquelineae.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    I actually find my Jaquelineae to be quite an easy species. I also find it easier than my Aristolochioides. I do maintain high humidity, however my temperatures can be quite high on occasion and the plant seems to not mind too much. Either way, as PK and Sgardner have advised, you may want to try a couple nice inexpensive hybrids to start out with. There are plenty out there that are quite spectacular. If you still intend on getting one, you shouldn't have many problems with it. Give it cool nights, good consistent light, and high humidity. You could even do a small 5 gallon tank or something since it will take quite a while to outgrow that considering the size they are sold at. Good luck.

Daniel
    What conditions would you recommend for those two? I just happen to receive them both recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will someday grow a Jac., but I'm saving it for when I can better control my environment. Once I get a growchamber set up I will give it a shot, but for now I won't risk it. Just based off of pictures I've seen, it's one of my top favorite pitchers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast