Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: So confused

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So confused

I have a villosa that needs to be repotted. For some reason I always get these d. adelae from the LFS. It bugs me. Everyone says that d. capensis is bad but I thing these are the true weeds. So anyways everything other thing I read is something different. One says to use just LFS, others say not to. I was thinking of using Chillie LFS, perlite, and maybe repti bark. Yes or no? I was thinking that maybe a mix like that will be open, but stay moist. Plus I really do not need to water all that much since a added some mylar. It does not dry out too much in there and is way brighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes adelae are weeds but lovely ones at that the only thing I can see wrong with them is they are rather invasive and would probably strangle your poor villosa, haha villosa grown in adelae roots!!! COME SEE
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meant to reply to this earlier....

Personally, I wouldn't use LFS at all. Use chunky stuff (look in vraev's rajah thread for all my material suggestions), and if you need it to retain moisture, I'd use a dab of peat. However, I would think this species would at least be similar to rajah in its soil requirements...

Added link - xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-16-2008 at 08:23 AM.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid