What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the species

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
Thought this turned out to be a pretty interesting picture. Shouldn't be too difficult, except for the strange angle.

Nephippiata5-42608.jpg

xvart.

Dionaea Muscipula, eh?

in the nep section lol!

may i venture a sanguinea...?

Nope, and nope. Here's a little hint. This pitcher just cracked open and I was trying to get a picture of the inside of the lid. Couldn't get the focus right, though.

xvart.

yay thats a neat pic i love that plant
matt

Focus on inside of the nepenthes lid

Dear xvart,
From your photo, I come up with only one conclusion: the shallow depth of field. Try to focus on the inside of the lid and then, crop out the lid part to get the photo of inside of the lid. Close down the lens to maximum aperture. I hope this helps.

Awesome photo dude. I think it looks like your Nep is observing its hands/claws before it begins its carnivorous assault.

Well it's opened enough to enjoy one of my favorite parts of this species.

Nephippiata5-42808.jpg

Nephippiata1-42708.jpg

Nephippiata3-42708.jpg

xvart.

My lowii is making a two pitchers now finally so I was going to try this then but I'll ask you now. Are the spikes under the lid sharp like knives or what? Nice plant though

My lowii is making a two pitchers now finally so I was going to try this then but I'll ask you now. Are the spikes under the lid sharp like knives or what? Nice plant though

I've never actually touched them; but, they are not sharp like knifes. They are more like hairs.

xvart.

Back