What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady Ventricosa in the mood

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hi guys.

My first nepenthes ever finally decided to stop being so stuborn and flower. Im 80% it's a girl, but i will know for sure in a few days. She's (should i say "it's"?) about 2-4 weeks from being ready, 2 with a little luck and 4 with some hate from God. Im looking for interesting guys too. Especially complex crosses, truncata's, or anything else remotely interesting, but then again, beggars cant be choosers.

Let me know!

ugh! my male sanguinea orange is coming into flower. but PK said it could be over a month till flowers start opening. ill keep you in mind it it comes any sooner!

Alex

Can you take a picture of the female flower? I have a vent taht is floweing and I think it is a female. The only flower I have seen is a male flower on my Truncata and it is blooming right now BTW with flowers open. I have been trying to trade pollen for a week or two.

JB,

Sure, i'll post pics later. Ohh really? Can you harvest and store some for me? Do you think iot'll last? I have very little experience in pollen storage...

Just store it in a foil packet and put it in the fridge. I think it will keep for a few months.

Matt

Pollen will keep for a few months?? Cool that is good to know! I will be harvesting some more pollen tonight when I get home.

Don't put it just in a foil packet. Shake the pollen onto wax paper and wait 24 hrs for it to try. Fold it up, then wrap it in aluminum foil, then put it in the refrigerator

Back