What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Sanguina Problems

Hey everyone,

I just received a beautiful Sanguina from Andy and put it in my terrarium. However, some of the leaves are getting splotches of red/orange/yellow, and I'm wondering if the plant is just getting used to its new conditions or if I should be concerned. To me this seems like it is sunburn, but I do not see how that can be since I'm only using a 2 foot fixture with one 5000k bulb and one soft white bulb around 5 inches from the plant. Everyone else around here seems to use MUCH more lighting then that, yet it seems like I am still getting sunburn...so ya help me out here!!

Thanks,

Zach

DSCN3705.jpg

hopefully this picture works...first time posting a pic

IT looks to me like they are jhust turning red showing they are getting GOOD light now. That red isnt bad at all

I think it's just adjusting to the new light. Nothing is wrong.

Wasn't that red coloring on the leaves already there? It looks just like my stock does hehe... Looking good! Keep up the good work :)
Andrew

Last edited:
Back