Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Young N. Hamata, Wistuba clone 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man nice hamata! I can't wait til mine gets that big. I just got maybe a 1in pitcher the other day. Gotta start somewhere though.

future nursury owner...i hope CP_dude's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    atleast yours is still pitchering :'(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Saw V anyone?

xvart.
    You mean with that one person whose wrist got stuck in the box? No, but I saw a movie thing on Bravo.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LLeopardGGecko View Post
    Yeah, I find that my highlanders do just fine with temps in the 80s and 90s during the day, as long as they have a significant temperature drop at night, ideally into the 60s and 50s.

It only becomes a problem when the nighttime temperature doesn't fall any lower than the 70s and 80s, which was my problem back in Alta Loma. I had all these wonderful highlanders that absolutely hated my conditions. It would get into the 90s during the day, and wouldn't drop below the 80s at night.

Now that I grow all my highlanders outside in San Diego, they are going nuts with the cool nights. The real test will be will June through September, since this will be their first San Diego summer. I'm hoping they will have acclimated enough by then to tough it through the higher temperatures.
    San diego summer temps can be brutal. They should definitely stress but u probably won't lose anything. I grew inland last year with really high summer temps and I was fine. Now that I'm near the beach it should be much better. Your temps should be similar in the valley.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    San diego summer temps can be brutal. They should definitely stress but u probably won't lose anything. I grew inland last year with really high summer temps and I was fine. Now that I'm near the beach it should be much better. Your temps should be similar in the valley.

Daniel
    I guess I'm not as worried about the days as I am the nights. I looked at average summer nighttime temps for San Diego and they were between 65 and 68 degrees, which isn't ideal but may be tolerable.

What's your experience been?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nighttime temps should be adequate for the duration of the summer. I have my plants in the garage and open it slightly at night to equal the temp outside and they always seem to get a good enough temp drop. Since your plants are outside it should be no problem.

Daniel
    - Daniel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123