What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamata Availability

"If someone would PM me with where such hamata were available, I'd be much obliged.

Capslock"

Me too,

N. hamata is such a nice plant when grown well... here is a photo of one of mine I took today.

2008-5-24_VFT_Adrian_Neps%20206.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

:0o: Oooh! Oooh! Jeremiah!

Is that specimen seed-grown or from some rubbish TC clone? :jester:

Serously though, that's a great example of how much more attractive Neps are when they have multiple growing points and are not allowed to vine. Did you prune it at some stage or did it produce basal pups by itself? Of course, unlike most species, N. hamata has very interesting uppers with the clawed peristome.

Anyone thinking of purchasing the seed-grown hamata might like to know:

1) The plants do not have red leaves when mature.
2) The uppers are not as spectacular as the clones circulated in TC as the peristmes don't have quite such pronounced teeth or "claws".
3) The lowers on wild specimens are more robust (bigger) than the commonly circulatd TC clones and are all nicely coloured.
4) A few wild specimens observed had red teeth on the peristomes of lower pitchers.

Rob

Wow J Harris that's amazing.

mine is about that size...maybe smaller, but it would look like that if it would actually PITCHER once in a while... haha!

That's one heck of a Hamata though! keep up whatever it is your doing :)

Thanks for the info Rob. I have already pre-ordered one. Wish I could afford 4 or 5. Hopefully if enough people order we can get some female hamatas in cultivation. I have 2 hamatas that are male for sure and a basal from another source not sure but most likely male.
On another note, any info on if the Hairy hamata form will be available anytime soon?

Back