What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New N. Lowii

just got here today
its a small plant
and doesnt look the best...but hopefully will grow to be a nice plant :3
it repotted it almost instantly...the woodchips it was in were all covered in moss.
NLowii004.jpg

NLowii001.jpg

It was only what.. a year between the first pic and the second? Lol! Anyway, enjoy your slowii! Eventually they get big, but by then you'll be dead anyway.

Congrats! You posted earlier today you were going to get one, and now you did :D! Lowii is a very odd Nepenthes IMO. Btw, what did the tag say that made you cross it out?

lol.....DOMO
yeah...its gonna be slow, but w.e lol.

the tag that came with it was from what i can make out, for an N. Madagascariensis. which i have. but they crossed it out and put lowii lol

congrats still waiting for my judith finn::))

Hey!
I got a lowii almost the exact same size half a year ago and I have a a tip; either put in a good size layer of Spagnum moss in or repot it a little bit deeper in the soil.... I had to do the same thing. However, do not pot it to deep as this will hurt it...
-Josh

hahahah the pitcher on the left is opening up for me :3 it must luff meh
NLowii005.jpg

NLowii007.jpg

nice! have fun with it! its a slow plant. but its not like shoot me in the foot slow. since last september it has grown 4 leaves for me. if you want slow get a truncata haha. the pitchers after the have been open for a week or so get a rock hard exterior. they are like wood!!

Alex

thanks
its still hanging in there alright
sooooo lets see how it goes.

hahahahha
so lowii being slow....it seems to be taking off pretty fast for me o_o
it luffs me.....lets hope.
NLowii5-26-08.jpg

the first leaf developed for me in only 2 weeks! the second one though took over a month. same with the others. and dont be alarmed if the leaves are smaller either! im just about to post a picture of mine!

Alex

here it is now :3
growing pretty quick. though its not pitchering as fast as id like, its still pitchering...lol
NLowii.jpg

Neat :). How big is the new pitcher going to be?

if you want slow get a truncata haha.

Alex

Sarcasm doesn't work unless its in italics. Nice plant, looks happy. I have never seen a descent sized lowii here. (for good reason) Does any one have a 4-6 inch tall lowii here?

Back