What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pictures

hamata
DSC00325.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

bongso
DSC00331.jpg

Black Dragon
DSC00328.jpg

ventricosa
DSC00332.jpg

Awesome plants! I especially like the N. Hamata!!!

Good stuff, rattler. Nice N. Black Dragon! lol. Looks like it's doing well for you.

xvart.

yeah it took a bit to settle in.....guessing you were giving it more humidity but its starting to take off.........

yeah it took a bit to settle in.....guessing you were giving it more humidity but its starting to take off.........

Well I'm not sure about that... lol. Depending on when I sent it, maybe. Humidity in my growing area depends on what season it is and what side of the bed mother nature woke up on.

xvart.

lol well it sulked for about 3 or 4 months doing nothing and this is the first pitcher its put on since you sent it......maybe its just like my bongso and any change in conditions even to better and it pouts for a bit....just dont like change period for some reason.....

Your Hamata looks positively ferocious with those great teeth and deep red coloration...rawr. Still I think I like your Bongoso better. That dark frilled peristome is just awesome. I would love to grow one like that, for now I will just keep not killing less expensive things and eventually perhaps work up to a nepenthes a bit more challenging. Love yours. Would say great job but that is a bit redundant when the plants are easily telling you that for themselves.

bongso is extreamly hardy and adaptible....if you can find one get it.....they are easy.....they just pout a bit when moved meaning that they sit and do nothing for a bit, they dont go down hill

Great plants rattler, always like to see your collection.

Easy AND gorgeous? You say I should get one? Say no more, I take very little persuasion, especially when it is in regards to plants:-D. Now must research...

Always like your pics rattler. Nice plants - I hope to one day have some nice as yours. Hey - my bongso is finally starting to settle in and pitcher. It only took 9 months after recieving it! And now I get to haul it across the country for a move - I really hope it doesn't get depressed again.

Excellent bongso. How old is it? I think I asked you that before, but I'm too dumb to remember.

IIRC i got it fall of '04 and it was prolly several years old then IIRC it was about 8 inches in diameter when i got it, leaf tip to leaf tip, minus pitchers and tendrils.....been abused some, if i woulda had better conditions the first couple of years it would have grown faster im sure but conditions kept changing so it kept stalling......

I see. I just ordered one. I'm gunna try it out in my conditions. I hear they are pretty adaptable from you and Catalani, and I know Bednar grows a carunculata in Florida that at least survives the summer, which is longer and hotter than it is here.

it takes abuse almost aswell as ventrata.......other than ive gotten ventrata to pitcher in 15% humidity.....the bongso seems to want atleast a steady 50% to pitcher well.....like i said as long as conditions stay basically the same it grows great even in low humidity, it just doesnt pitcher, in higher humidity it pitchers regularly but occasionally skips a leaf....when conditions change to outside what its used to it just stalls, doesnt go down hill or anything, it just stops growing for a few months than starts back up....ive noticed it does this even when moving it to better conditions, not just to less ideal spots.....hell when i had a scale out break last year....the scale bugged every other non "hairy" Nepenthes but the bongso......for pure species its one of the most adaptable ive seen other than ventricosa

fantastic hamata man! DAMN!! its just one of those timeless amazing plants that never seems to bore even when u see countless images. :)

Back