User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N. Sanguinea update(good reason to buy from Andy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure you guys were looking for this: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ight=sanguinea

Sanguinea has never made large pitchers for me. The leaves are always massive, but the pitchers comparatively tiny.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah thats it PK.
    im hoping mine hits vining here soon. that one doesnt look too much taller than mine does currently, so im kinda excited. all of my neps are thriving right now except for the 2 near dead ventricosa i got from Lowes. which are outside. in the 40-50 degree weather lol..i have no room in my terrarium ._.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright! here we go! i got mine Dec 06. it came as a 3in plant. right now it doesnt look any good as i just put it outside and its a bit burnt and only one pitcher. but the second picture is from november last year i think. this is the fastest growing nep i have....growth in size anyways. its started to flat line in lateral growth(22in) but it is starting to vine!!!!!
    before:

after:

oh and a note on how long the pitchers last. that very first pitcher. died last june. so they last a LONG time.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some N. sanguinea produce pitchers almost 16 inches in length! Some do have pretty big pitchers! - Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you're running out of space there bud. Time to take over the windowsills!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this is another thread talking about Andy's Sanguinea huh?

I got mine from him around April 7th or so and it arrived with it's growth tip broken off a week later I noctices a leaf comming from the broken area it also had two pitchers one formed and ones lid was opening some.

Today it's new leaf is 2 inches and another leaf with a tendril is developing I must say N.Sanguinea is a tough plant and very colorful so far I feed the pitcher 4 spiders 3 flys and it has caught 2 flys on it's own.

I have before and after pictures to show, but sadly I have slow internet and it takes forever to load just one picture so I'll have to show you all them sometime.. =\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got one from andy last spring in awesome condition (arrived better then yours did!) and it had and still does have huge pitchers! My first pitcher of the year was bigger then the pitchers from my MATURE ventrata when it arrived!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a pitcher from my plant:

I didn't get it from Andy, but its N. sanguinea all the same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast