What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Sanguinea update(good reason to buy from Andy)

Jeez, everyone has an Sandyguinea (Sanguinea from Andy). Mine has only made one pitcher so far but the pitcher is at least twice the size of the previous ones. Thanks Andy!

Now if only my Judith Finn will start to grow. :water:

-Max

What is the humidity of the average west-facing windowsill? And does anyone know where I can get a cheap Thermometer/Humidity gauge?

um, petco sells them in the reptile section.

The digital Hygrometer and Thermometer is a little too pricey at Petco. I remember someone saying that they sell it a Wal-Mart for $6. I need the Digital ones, the needles don't really work well for me

You can get a thermometer/hygrometer at Lowes for a little under $4.

Crystal

been a very very long time since i updated this....the plant is about 18" in diameter now, and has several basals forming...here is the most recent pitcher...
Nsanguinea.jpg

Nsagnuinea2.jpg

Nsanguinea3.jpg

Nsanguinea4.jpg

Nsanguinea5.jpg

I envy you, Kris!!! If only I can get mine to pitcher, after I repot!

Nice Sang mine just started taking off this year & has a nice basal that's on it's 5th pitcher

I would say Stay Away from the cheap *** reptile humidity gauges you see at pet stores
The round plastic ones that you stick to the side of a tank with double sided tape
They don't work for cr@p
I've seen them on the rack measuring different temps/humidity readings sitting on top of each other

K-Mart / Wal-Mart Big Lots have ones they call "Digital Weather Stations" or something like that for around $10
That read temp & humidify & have a memory that gives you both the highs & lows

If you want to bring the humidify around the plant up
Get a plastic drain tray or even a shallow bowl
Set the pot on something {like some 2lt bottle caps} to raise it so it's not sitting in water
Fill the tray with some moss & keep it wet
That should help

i dont even use that humidity/temp thing anymore...it broke a long time ago hahahaha.

Here is a older pic of mine.
sangorange2.jpg

Here is a older pic of mine.
sangorange2.jpg

:0o::0o::0o::0o:
I will be repotting mine soon, in a bigger pot. How long have you had that, Zero?

I have had it for about 5 years.

Back