What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ventricosa x maxima macros pics with new camera.

N. 'red leopard' (ventricosa x maxima)
Click for a larger view.
------------------------------

Wow~ Nice shot! Excellent pitcher.
Thanks.:-O

Great pics. You have some from the other side?

I really like this hybrid. I hope mine pulls out of it's slump. I've had it for a year, and it hasn't made one pitcher for me, and pretty much refuses to grow. I'm thinking it's a goner. In conditions all my other highlanders thrive in, this one struggles. BUT - it is making a couple basals, so I'm hoping that those do great once I root them later. I don't think it's diseased and I've seen no sign of pests; I think I just got a weak plant.

Great pics. You have some from the other side?

I really like this hybrid. I hope mine pulls out of it's slump. I've had it for a year, and it hasn't made one pitcher for me, and pretty much refuses to grow. I'm thinking it's a goner. In conditions all my other highlanders thrive in, this one struggles. BUT - it is making a couple basals, so I'm hoping that those do great once I root them later. I don't think it's diseased and I've seen no sign of pests; I think I just got a weak plant.

Dude I found this is very easy to grow I just moved it out of my terrarium and onto a window where it recieves bright sun (on sunny days) and it didn't even pause it made a new pitcher.
It did not continue developing a pitcher that was already forming but instead made a new pitcher from a tendril that had not been developing a pitcher when I placed it on my window.
No, I don't have pictures of the other side, not of this pitcher and not this close. I could not seem to get the wings and the pitcher to both be in focus the camera chose one or the other.
Here is the new pitcher forming, I'm excited becuase it's already almost the size of the other pitchers. The second photo is a macro of my N. truncata.

Back