What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Sang from Andy =)

elsantaclause

A windowsill grower
Andy ships extremely well and his plants are awesome :-D

I just got it 3 days ago

P6060001.jpg

P6060002.jpg

P6060003.jpg

P6060005.jpg

P6060004.jpg

Nice buy! I'm going to order from him soon, too, but not a sang (I do want on, though), just plants for my future mini-bog.

Thanks! I was watching it for about 10 minutes today when a house fly flew onto one of the leaves. I quietly got up and started staring at it while the fly was inching closer and closer to the pitcher until about 5 mins later when it climbed in and fell into the trap. =)
I was so excited lol, Its a fun thing to watch

I just got 2 sanguineas form him also! They look great!
I am getting a buddy into CPs and I gave him the largest of the 2. The largest had a pitcher 2x the size of mine! It will be a while before I catch up.

Where do you plant to growyour santa?

Well I have been growing mine on a East facing windowsill and so far it has improved in color and has made 2 pitchers for me
:-D

Wow, nice plant! I can't wait for mine to arrive!

Wow, nice plant, but why are they so tall? Mine came with about the same number of leaves but twice as short and is still short.

I'm not sure, I guess I got lucky:-D
It has only been a week and it is growing like mad.
My other sanguinea however is only making leaves =(
The other one I got is about 1/4 the size and has only been making leaves. Anyone got suggestions? Here are some pics
P6070006.jpg

P6070007.jpg

P6070008.jpg

P6070009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All of my N. sanguina plants were grown close together... Some shading others. So I would think some grew different from others maybe from being blocked from most of the light at some point or another... But I've also been told that some of my neps grow tall because they should be fertilized ??? I've never gotten into that though.
Andrew

I don't quite understand what you mean when they grow tall because they should be fertilized? Could you explain lol?

The plant has good color. It's not tall b/c of light...

Back