Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: whats your favorite nep?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hybrid: spectabilis x veitchii or TM
    Owned: tentaculata, lowii, or sanguinea orange
    Pure: tough to say. hurrelliana(probably killed that spelling) is pretty kick *** and so is edwardsiana. inermis and clipeata are pretty cool too!
    All time: even harder to say.... hurrelliana!

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hybrid: I just shake my head everytime that I see the Nepenthes x [spectabilis x veitchii] here: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ntsgy/1-22.jpg but not quite as much as I do when I see the N harryana at http://www.cpukforum.co.uk/uploader/...ryana-3868.jpg

Owned: bicalcarata

Pure: Lowland-bicalcarata
    Highland:geez, that's tough. Probably one of the toothed trilogy (hamata, villosa or edwardsiana). I'd add macrophylla to that, but then the alliteration of "toothed trilogy" would be gone. I should add that I really like truncatas as well.

All time: not sure. I was thrilled to finally order a truncata recently, but I have been floored recently by plants such as Nepenthes hurrelliana and really really want a Viking. I think that I'll have to pass on finalizing an answer for this category although edwardsiana is so freakin' high on the list of finalist that it could be the winner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fav species switches regularly from Aristolochiodes, Lowii, Ephippiata, Eyemae, Truncata, Hamata, Edwardsiana, and Ventricosa (don't laugh--Really easy, really nice red pitchers. I don't care how common it is).

My favorite hybrid: I really like Sabre 'Dark Cherry,' but I probably couldn't grow that. I guess my real favorite would have to be lowii x Truncata.
    The best in my collection: Eyemae, Truncata, and ventricosa. They all perform really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite is N. x medusa. Unfortunately, mine died while I was out of town. It dried up really fast under my high-intensity growlights.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurm View Post
    My favorite is N. x medusa. Unfortunately, mine died while I was out of town. It dried up really fast under my high-intensity growlights.
    Now you can get another one!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthusiast View Post

My favorite hybrid: I really like Sabre 'Dark Cherry,' but I probably couldn't grow that. .
    I've been growing a vent x tm for about one year and I cna't say its been difficult. It started off alittle slow but now its been pitchering like a crazy ant. I say give one a try.
    https://www.instagram.com/hull.jess/ (I post pics of my plants there)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I had a Sabre before, but it never did anything for me because of lighting. I might give it another shot if I move into a sunny spot next year but we'll see.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hybrid: Lowii x Truncata

Owned: Spectabilis

Pure: Burbidgeae

All time fav: Spectabilis

Hahaha, I was just looking at everybody elses, and DM and I have a lot in common. haha
    Last edited by DavyJones; 06-09-2008 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Interesting discovery!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast