What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pale leaves?

I just went to look at my plants, and on my N. Ventricosa, most of the leaves are a pale green color. They used to be a darker green color, but now they look mostly pale. Is something wrong with it? Am I giving it too little light? Too much light? Humidity problem? Plz help I'm really freaked out because I don't think it was like that yesterday.

A pic would help. I don't think humidity is the problem, since ventricosa can live with low humidity.

I'll try to describe it as best I can because my camera is demented and probably won't be able to show color that good. Ok so a few days ago the leaves were a normal green color, not very bright and not very dark. Now, they have little super tiny white specks that give the leaves a soft fuzzy look but they feel normal (I think). These specks are very tiny and tightly packed so it gives the leaves a pale green color. Also, for some reason the leaves are not flat, they go flat for an inch or two, then they bend downwards a little bit, then another flat inch or two, then it bends down a little again.

I have no idea what it is, I can't help you. Sorry.

Ok well I guess I'll see what happens then.

By any chance, does it look like this?
SN851290.jpg

no, nothing like that. the leaves are a very bright green pale-ish color. Like, imagine gray mixed with green, and that's it. I read that neps make pale or yellow pitchers because of mineral defficiency. It has no pitchers and I don't fertilize it because I don't want to kill it by accident.

My ventricosa got that colour when I gave it too much light.

how can I give it less light? I want to grow it in a window but none of the windows have ledges in front of them, and last time I tried to put a table by a window the plant got knocked over. But we'll have more windows once we get the house built.

It looks fine to me... just watch what kind of water you are giving it. All those little white spots are dissolved mineral buildup.

Well I stuck my watering can outside and it collected rainwater. And that picture isn't mine, mine is more of a pale green color.

All leaves? Or just the older leaves?

It looks fine to me... just watch what kind of water you are giving it. All those little white spots are dissolved mineral buildup.

He said it doesn't look like that picture.

xvart.

edit: oops, didn't realize there was a second page...

Huh? Those are mine, we're trying to solve Moo's problems. Btw, they were like that when I got them. I don't spray the leaves, so be telling that to the vendors XD. Besides, I water overhead with distilled water.

Woah sorry guys... Going on 3 hours sleep just ignore me...haha don't know how I missed that...

Well all the oldish leaves are this palish color, the newer ones arent really that pale.

Well all the oldish leaves are this palish color, the newer ones arent really that pale.

Oooh, I think I know what you're talking about. My N. ventricosa 'red' had an old leaf that seemed pale. Don't worry, it's just old leaves dying, probably.

The older leaves are probably just dying. It's exactly the same thing as I was telling you in the chatbox earlier regarding your vft. Old leaves die. They turn pale or yellow and die off. It happens.

xvart.

if it's not a light problem then it can be a mineral deficiency ...so give it something to eat!
in my case it was a light issue. once i put it under natural light it colored up...i did feed it too but i think it was the light

Any chance that it looks like this? Look at how the circled leaf compares to the others. It's not as colored as the others. The leaf died a few weeks ago. Don't worry.
SN850818-1.jpg

Yeah, it kindof looks like that. And mark.ca, I can't feed it, it has no pitcher. But each leaf has a long-ish tentril that hooks at the end.

Back