What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pale leaves?

Well then, looks your question might have been answered. It's just a dying leaf. Though, a pic would still help.

Ok ill get a pic up in a few minutes, but you can't really see much in it. All you can really see is a brighter green leaf than the others.

in general sometimes if the light is increased, leaves can become bright green in color. However, if it happened suddenly in the same conditions as the older leaves, then I might guess that there is some sort of nutrient deficiency. I would suggest feeding some of the older pitchers with a variety of bugs such as flies, wax worms, crickets, blood worms etc. Then just wait for the next leaf and act accordingly. :)

in general sometimes if the light is increased, leaves can become bright green in color. However, if it happened suddenly in the same conditions as the older leaves, then I might guess that there is some sort of nutrient deficiency. I would suggest feeding some of the older pitchers with a variety of bugs such as flies, wax worms, crickets, blood worms etc. Then just wait for the next leaf and act accordingly. :)

It has no pitchers.

OK here's some pictures. They're not that great though because this camera has no zoom or anything.

This one that I'm pointing at is the pale leaf.
P6080002.jpg

The one on the bottom right is the pale leaf, the one on the left is a normal one to compare color.
P6080003.jpg

Hmm...I don't think it's dying of age anymore. It's developing a pitcher, still. When did you get it and was that leaf already there? Either way, the nep should be okay.

It almost seems a bit dehydrated. What kind of humidity is it growing in? Low humidity is OK, but no humidity would probably be a bit much, especially if it is a drastic fluctuation from its previous climate. Did you forget to water it one day?

Daniel

I keep the soil moist (so when you squish it it feels wet) and the humidity is around 50-60, sometimes in the 70s. Oh yeah and that leaf was there when I got it, it only opened one new leaf and another leaf is almost all the way open.

The soil can be moist, but if the conditions are extremely arid then a plant can still lose moisture if its leaves aren't adapted to the conditions (hardened off).

Back