What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I haven't posted some pics in a while, so while cleaning out my tanks yesterday I took some pics of some of my plants and decided to post them: I hope you enjoy :).

Spectabilis x Ventricosa
SpecxVentricosaWhole.jpg

Sibuyanensis x Talangensis
SibuxTalangWholePlant.jpg

A Sib x Talang Pitcher
SibuyanensisxTalangensisNewPitcher.jpg

Sibuyanensis x Hamata
SibXHamataWholePlant.jpg

Hamata
HamataWhole5Pitchers.jpg

Maxima x Trusmadiensis
MaximaxTMWhole.jpg

Lady Pauline
LadyPaulineNewPitcher.jpg

Inermis x Bongso Pitcher
InermisxBongsoPitcher.jpg

Carunculata var. Robusta x Ventricosa (Squat)
CaruncVRobustaxVentSquat.jpg

Spectabilis x Veitchii
SpecxVeitchiiNewPitcher.jpg

Peristome:
SpecxVeitchiiNewPitcherPeristome.jpg

Daniel

Nice plants for sure. Great growing indeed. Next time you clean the tank, show off more of your species please

Nice stuff, Daniel. I especially like your N. spectabilis x ventricosa. I just acquired a rooted cutting of one and it just pitchered for the first time. Mine looks like it's more upperish, which is a little somewhat disappointing since the lowers are so fantastic looking, as your picture shows. It has such nice coloration and a phenomenal peristome.

xvart.

Your plants are awesome!!! I think my favorite picture is the N. Hamata with the crazy red sphagnum growing with it!!!

Fantastic plants! I love the intermis x bongso.

Ow! My eyes!! Your plants are so shiny!
Great Nepenthes. I really like the Bongso x Inermis.

Woah, nice plants! I like the Spectabilis x Veitchii, it's really colorful!

Awesome Neps! Too bad that Sibuyanensis x Hamata
didn't end up having teeth. Still good looking, though.

Cool neps! All except that hamata! :puke2:

Great pics Daniel. Your hamata and N. sib x hamata has really grown up. Thanks for sharing

Jay.

Thank you everyone for all the comments everyone :). I am glad you enjoyed the pics.

Flip Side The Pint: Thanks =D. Next time I will definitely try to get more species pics. I have a nice burbidgeae pitcher that formed recently, and I am waiting for another or 2 to take a whole plant pic. That is one of my favorite species.

Xvart: Thanks =D. I really started to love this plant recently as the peristome has gotten thicker compared to the rest of the pitcher, however when I first received it, it was a tiny lip of a peristome. I think I may have to order 1 or 2 more for outside because it is a such a great looking, and more importantly, super easy plant to grow. Do you have any pics of your uppers? I would be interested in seeing them if you do, or when you do (when they open).

Capensis: I couldn't agree more, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed for mature pitchers to have some teeth/nubs. I actually like my Sibuyanensis x Talangensis a lot more though. Pictures don't do it justice. The pitchers on that thing are just fascinating. They have such a nice squat shape to them with a super rigid peristome.

Ant: Lol, yeah, maybe I should just give it to you since it's so ugly huh? lol ;).

Jayson: Thanks for noticing =D. Hey how is your Burbidgeae doing? Mine are painfully slow.

Thanks again for the compliments everybody :).

Daniel

Jayson: Thanks for noticing =D. Hey how is your Burbidgeae doing? Mine are painfully slow]
Doin good, just made a new leaf since I got it. Cant wait for it to pitcher. Also cant wait to see your new greenhouse:-O Plz keep us updated. Take care

Jay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xvart: Thanks =D. I really started to love this plant recently as the peristome has gotten thicker compared to the rest of the pitcher, however when I first received it, it was a tiny lip of a peristome. I think I may have to order 1 or 2 more for outside because it is a such a great looking, and more importantly, super easy plant to grow. Do you have any pics of your uppers? I would be interested in seeing them if you do, or when you do (when they open).

Of course. Give me a couple days to a week. The first pitcher looks like it is about to open. I'll post it somewhere and pm you so you'll be sure to see it. One other thing I really like about the ones I've seen is the peach-cream color on the pitchers. It's very soothing.

xvart.

Beautiful Neps!
How big is your inermis x bongso?

Do you have any pics of your uppers? I would be interested in seeing them if you do, or when you do (when they open).

As requested, here are some pictures of my first N. spectabilis x ventricosa pitcher. I'm thinking about following Rich's instructions to induce basal growth because I really want some lowers for this plant.

Nspectabilisxventricosa008-61208.jpg

Nspectabilisxventricosa007-61208.jpg

Nspectabilisxventricosa003-61208.jpg

xvart.

Last edited:
Back