What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey,
I was down planting up some new arrivals so I thought I'd take some pics of some plants I've had a while (no pics of the new ones till they pitcher for me!)

Here's N. (ventricosa x aristo) x truncata:
Nventxaristoxtrunc2.jpg

N. ventricosa x angasanensis - this one is looking like a prolific pitherer - and they last!
Nangasanensis2.jpg

Here's N. lowii x ventricosa - this clones is much different and much bigger than 'Peter D'Amato'.
Nburkeiixlowii8.jpg

Here's a good one, N. maxima 'dark peristome' x (spathulata x truncata)
Nmaximaxspathulataxtruncata3.jpg

Same plant from above - note the rajah-shaped leaves!
Nmaximaxspathulataxtruncata2.jpg

N. Puna gets big!
NPuna1.jpg

N. spectabilis x ventricosa - I love this for the red/black peristome.
Nspectabilisxventricosa4.jpg

N. 'Gothica'
NGothica2.jpg

N. platychila - the peristome is starting to get "that look"! :)
Nplatychilla5.jpg

Capslock

Last edited:
That's a really fine collection of Neps you have!

Wow! I thought that WAS an N. rajah at first glance, until I saw what it said and reexamined the pitchers! Very nice!

I prefer your N. lowii x ventricos, too. In fact, yours is the only one I've ever seen that I liked. Yours is the first I've ever seen that looks normal and not like a grotesque abomination! Let me know if you ever have a basal :p

Maybe four years from now lol. I always do SO enjoy your pictures, Max. And I *think* I see the clay pot I sent you :p

Great looking Neps Max! I really like the peristome on the N. spectabilis x ventricosa too!

Great plants. Do you use T5 lights?

Very nice. Makes me jealous. You obviously take fine care of your plants!

Capslock's ceiling is made entirely out of T5s. Nice stuff. Do you have any other LHNN hybrids?

Holy smokes, N. Platychylla! I've never seen a pic of such a mature one in captivity. That peristome is really beautiful.
If you don't mind me asking, how much would you value that particular plant at in this stage of the game?

btw: I always thought it was spelled "Platychilla"

The rest of your plants are really nice too.

Back