What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Input on impeding purchase

Nitecrawler

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior
Currently the only nepenthes I am growing are ventricosa and ventrata. I really would like to get a mikei and/or lowii. Any thoughts on this? Can I grow these plants alongside the ventricosa and ventrata? I don't get a huge temperature drop in my room (I have them under lights), but I read that even a 5 degree drop is sufficient. I'm just worried that the temperature drop will become a problem...all of my other conditions in that grow space are fine.

Thanks for the advice.

Mikei hands down. It's very colorful while small, and puts on quite a show when you make it happy. Lowii might be cool in say 10 years. lol

So far my lowii has been one of the least favorites on the grow list, since it was so small when I got it. And it's really the same size a year and a half later.

That definitely does not sound fun.

Too bad that lowii has those ridiculously awesome uppers...

Looks like I will be going with the mikei.

youd be waiting 5-6 years for those uppers though. i like them both. lowii grows very easily for me and is suprisingly not horrendously slow. its slow. but not THAT slow.

but i would suggest you get mikei.

Alex

In all fairness, I do think my lowii was damaged in shipping. But then again, my mikei was put through shipping, a movie, and is still a little trooper. The lowii remains resentful and just a jerk.

::sigh::
Nate

These plants also ask for a good hygrometry, and I do not think that they made uppers in your room under lamps.

I do not think that they made uppers in your room under lamps.

I don't have these plants...so I don't see how this applies. I was just saying I really like the lowii uppers.

That is all.

Plus, you can see my ROOM?!? :0o:

Hi there:

Please if you have to choose between the two: mikei is the way to go. Keep it humid and give it plenty of light. It'll reward you faster than a lowii. Once you have your conditions worked out for highlanders, then attempt to get a lowii.

Gus

I received my mikei and lowii about 2 months ago. I grow them outside, doing fine so far.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I got the mikei.

Back