What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrid

It’s not much to look at, but here’s a pitcher of a 2-year old plant that I hybridized, N. Splendiana x Mixta. It’s my first attempt at hybridizing, so I feel like a proud parent. Those who won one of the 10 NASC auctions for “Nepenthes Seeds” will get a bonus packet of these seeds. Don’t worry, the seeds aren’t 2 years old. I made the cross again and harvested the seeds a few weeks ago. Maybe the upper pitchers will be more distinctive.

2609240913_48a733f560.jpg

This cross was made by Bruce Bednar and Clyde Bramblett back in the early 1990's. There are a handful of clones still around, some of them nicely colored. I believe Bruce called the cross 'Dianiana'.

Tropics, i think thats a beautiful Nep. almost looks like its blushing and GP_Princess and i cant wait to see if we get ours to germinate, :water: sowed um today and we thank you tons for the seeds.. :bigthumpup: :hug:

Way to go Tropics!! How exciting to see one of your own grow up! I'm sure it will get a lot bigger, and that's pretty good for two years old!

My first hybrid is about half that size yet, and I can't wait till I get semi-adult pitchers like that!

I've noticed by the way, that there are TONS of N. x Splendiana hybrids sprouting up out there. I've even made one (x Rokko 'exotica'). It's apparently a very fertile hybrid!

Capslock

beautiful plant I like the stripes on the peristome.

i also have splendiana hybrids! truncata, judith finn, mixta and one of eymae x veitchii.

they are REALLY fast growers! thanks again for the oppritunity to grow these plants from seed!

Alex

I would be proud to have made that cross as my first hybrid as well, and its a very nice-looking one too.:-D

I can't wait to sprout some of thes Nep seeds!:banana2:

Back