Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So i got my N. Rajah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i got my N. Rajah

and im pretty dissapointed, 25 dollars for a plant that looks like crap currently.
    thats it in the back right corner.
    im hoping that new tendril is still alive atleast.
    i know it likes it down in the 50s at night, but thats a bit difficult to do right now. im thinking of ways, my only guess is to put a cup of ice next to it at night...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my lowii came from the same place.
    and its doing great o_O.
    im just thinking those leaves are a bit on the junked side, but i think the new tendril might be alive. i called and left a message, most people are probably out for the 4th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What soil mix is it in? As long as it's alive I'm sure they won't do anything about it. Just let it settle in, maybe change the mix after reading the big rajah thread, and try to keep it cool and high humidity at night. What's that samll one next to it? Also I see you have mexican pings in there. How is that working for you?

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get a close up of the growth point? I can't really tell how uncurled the leaf is and where the tendril starts and stops. It looks dark, but that may just be the tendril. A closer picture would help. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about the way it looks. The leaves are just damaged and it may not look the nicest; but that doesn't mean the plant is unhealthy. It will only look better as time goes on.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rajahs hate repotting. The plant looks fine to me. yes! its a bit on the rough side...but still looks pretty great considering the size you got. give it atleast a month and watch the progress. Mine stopped growing for a month just for changing the conditions.

Katherine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

merged posts

It should be fine. It's had a rough trip, but the fact it survive is a good start. No offence, but a weak plant would've died on you on a rough post trip. Now be happy it made it in one (kind of..) piece, and give the poor thing some support! It's one of the harder nep's to get... sheesh, give it some credit!
    I'll bet you, if the plant is alive, in a few months when it begins to grow again, and you can tell everyone you have a 'rajah!' it won't be 'disappointing'

Oh, and a way to tell if it needs lower temps at night is if it's new leaves are progressively smaller, and 'yellow'. Darker leaves are good.
    Last edited by xvart; 07-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.
    Drosera Arcturi-The Alpine Sundew...

I'm an AMP People's Choice Applicant this year, please vote for me here:
    http://ampvoting.orcas.co.nz/Applicants/Details/10699

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i moved it outside on my rack with the rest of my highlanders. the only highlanders inside are a couple ventrata, ventricosa, and my lowii. i wanted to keep a couple inside.....
    our temps are back to perfect highland-ultrahighland....
    50-55 nights 75-80 days humidity in washington, hahaha. especially in western washington, is not an issue. 70-80 day 80-90 night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you grow it right in 5 years you could have somthing that looks like this...

Thanks
    -Jeremiah-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast