What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Pictures

Here's a few pics, enjoy!

N. petra:
n_petra.jpg

n_petra2.jpg

N. maxima dark x (n. northiana x veitchi):
n_maxdark.jpg

N. caesar:
n_caesar.jpg

N.eymae:
n_eymae.jpg

Very nice plants you have there!!!

What is the parentage of petra? Bellii x ??
Is that an LHNN one?

Our Caesers look almost identical, except yours has a much nicer throat pattern. Lucky!

N. ventricosa*(talangensis*bongso) according to Bob's site. I thought it had N. bellii in it, too.

The origins of this N. petra is that I won a cutting in the live auction, from Carl (Karl?) from North Carolina, at the 2006 ICPS conference in Frostburg, Maryland.

The petra is very robust and even grew pitchers when I had it in 'not the best conditions, not in a tank' in my basement over the winter. Now it's outside in a shaded 4 foot wide by 4 foot deep by 6 foot tall mini greenhouse.

The Caesar I picked up at the NECPS show last fall from those dart frog guys in Massachussets. This is the first pitcher it has grown since I got it. It hasn't been happy until recently when it started getting more light and experiencing warmer temps in the room it's in.

I won the N. eymae last August in a raffle at the NECPS annual BBQ meeting at the frog guys's place. I'm totally psyched - it's sending up a basal shoot or two - can't tell just yet if it's one or two.

Awesome plants! Great pics :)

Great pics and great plants.

Nice looking Asian plants!

Back