Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intermediate Neps

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xvart,

I'm interested in growing it in a terrarium because I grow a bunch of tropicals/subtropicals in terrarriums and thats where I've got my lights. I don't have a greenhouse yet. I really have no windows facing the appropriate direction and would rather spend money on another plant vs. growrack. I keep my terrariums open most of the time for good air circulation anyway.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. eymae and N. "Sabre" are very nice
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Plant Noobie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had luck with growing my N. Singalana in intermediate temperatures. It's right next to my N. Sanguinea which is also doing fine. Its a pretty plant, mine has very dark red pitchers with a toothy edge. Doesn't grow to be very big, so you could keep it in the terrarium pretty easily.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DroseraBug View Post
    Xvart,

I'm interested in growing it in a terrarium because I grow a bunch of tropicals/subtropicals in terrarriums and thats where I've got my lights. I don't have a greenhouse yet. I really have no windows facing the appropriate direction and would rather spend money on another plant vs. growrack. I keep my terrariums open most of the time for good air circulation anyway.
    Gotcha! Thanks for that information. I was just curious. I would second N. Sabre or any of the dragon greges. N. ventricosa hybrids, N. maxima, or a lot of different hybrids will do well.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Grow Pitcher Plants! DroseraBug's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great info folks. One I really like is N. ramispina. One person recommended that. Any other opinions on growing this one at room temps 68F-80F? What about other eye catching Neps at those temps. Now that Xvart asked his question it got me thinking about possibly switching to a growrack of some type as long as it was decent looking for my wife. I could use it for my tropicals and the terrariums for my Sarra seeds.

Thanks again for the quick responses.
    "And this is what happened, and this is why the caribou and the wolf are one; for the caribou feeds the wolf, but it is the wolf that keeps the caribou strong."
    Farley Mowat

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should try some victorian hybrids. N. xwrigleyana, though technically lowland, has tolerated my intermediate conditions well and grows right next to aristolochioides. It's a vigorous grower, and its pitchers are simply gorgeous.
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12