Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need advice from experienced growers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it from a grower, not a nursery.
    I have had it for about 3 weeks but it started to decline as soon as I got it, may have started before it arrived as one leave was half black not like if you were to cut the leaf when rooting a cutting, but half black like if you were to fold the leave in half creasing the leave where the tendril is. The grower told me to water it 3 times or it would start to decline because they use a very free draining mix. I did for the first few days allowing the water to drain out the pot into the saucer, I then dumped the water in the saucer out. The plants leaves died 1 per day over a course of three days. I felt the soil when the apical meristem was the only green thing left and it was really wet I started watering it on Saturdays and Wednesdays instead of 3 times per day. That kept the soil moist instead of waterlogged but the apical meristem had died the fourth day. I haven't given up on it I still water it and treat it as if it were still alive. I am been yearning for it to "pull a phoenix". When I purchased it the grower showed me a photo and it arrived looking exactly like it did in the photo except the half dead leaf which was not brown but black. They told me they had one available so I believe I bought the last plant. I don't know if the grower has another plant to replace the one I lost, or if he/she did, would.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definately sounds like this was not your fault. It was probably just a mistake on the previous grower's hands or simply a bad and/or diseased plant.

I would really reccomend contacting the person you got it from ASAP.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the mummy plant? It lived for a little bit, but no phoenix occurred, sadly. I would take it up with the seller, sounds like you got hosed.
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khasiana is difficult to root from cuttings. Even after it has a bunch of roots it can succomb to root rot if it is kept too wet. I grow these in a very free draining mix and water 3x a day, (although they may not get much water each time). Let me check to see if I have another one and I'll send it to you. I wouldn't recommend sphagnum for rooted khasiana cuttings.

Here's a pic of a typical rooted khasiana cutting:

I stabilize these for at least a couple months in soil in my greenhouse before releasing them.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what the roots looked like, without the perlite.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123