What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took new photos of my Nep.

All are lowland , even N. veitchii.
I grow them outdoor and use tray system.
If you have problems growing these lowland,I'm willing to share my experience // Nong
N.%20ampullaria%20green-250-1.jpg

N.%20ampullaria%20deep%20red-250.jpg

N.-ampularia-spotted-250.jpg

N.-ampullaria-spotted-250.jpg

N.%20ampullaria%20spotted%20pitcher%20pink%20peristome-250.jpg

N.%20ampullaria%20speckle%20deep%20%20red%20peristome-250.jpg

N.%20ampullaria-red-1-250.jpg

Those amps of yours are really well grown!

Those are very nice, too!

Hi Capensis . Grow and lure well . thousand ants not enough for 1 plant.
N.-gracilis-black-1-250.jpg

Its killing me not to beg for a cutting of one of those Amps!

Nice Amps! These are one of the few lowlanders I like

The red pitcher green peristome is incredible.

sahdkgfjhafjakf.....lol amazing plants

Nong, your plants are always so great to look at. Thank you for posting them as many of us can only see such plants in photos.

Capslock

Nong, your plants are always so great to look at. Thank you for posting them as many of us can only see such plants in photos.

Capslock
I didn't mean to offend you . I wonder why " many of us can only see such plants in photos" . Too expensive,fragile or cool? This might be a silly question. But I must confess that I can only see San Francisco in photos. It's hard to imagine why most of my Japanese and French customers can grow them better than I can. The photos below compared pitcher color of N. xKuchingensis grown in Paris(right) and Bangkok(left).
BesnardKuchingensis.jpg

I'm blind and inexperience when talking about growing lowland in temperate zone.Something beyond temp. and humid, very challenging.
By the way , if these photos could bring pleasure/satisfaction or inspiration to anyone, I would post more intermittently.
Kind Regards

I cant see the pictures:-(

Nong,
Indeed it's possible to grow such lowlanders here. I have a nice growing N. ampullaria 'giant red' right now, and a flowering N. Viking in my highland grow room. But mine is the only N. ampullaria 'giant red' I've ever seen over here. The problem is availability - we tend to see the same clone, over and over. The number of unique clones of N. ampullaria in this post alone are more than I've ever seen here in the states. Plus, you grow them well!

Casplock

Nong, you have one amp labelled Tri-color. Isn't that the one that recently changed over to "Harlequin"?

I just aquired one of those (my brother in law knows how to shop for B-day presents, I must say) in March or so - all the way over the pacific, and it's allready settled in and started growing....produced it's first pitcher.

Is it your experience that this form of ampularia is very forgiving (well, amps are forgiving to begin with, I suppose)?

I can't wait until mine looks like yours!

I olny wish I could get a small amp. as they look so cool. I think the next nep I get will have to be truncata as I can't seemto find a cheap one.

Thanks all for your appreciation and explanation. My Tri-color stock plants are not from BE so I dare not call them "Harlequin". I agree some forms of ampullaria are forgiving (red ,tricolor) when young , esp. under inadequate light and humidity. Mine are always in 80 % RH and expose 40-50 filtered sunlight , all day. . but this is not an instant formula for all. Enjoy growing and find out the best for yours.//Nong

Your plants are amazing! And so are the pictures! Well done! :clap:

Very nice Nepenthes I can't choose which pictures I like the best they're all very nice looking plants thanks alot for showing your Nepenthes,

Back