User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patience & Loving Care Pay Off..

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patience & Loving Care Pay Off..

Well im not sure what Nep this is. Back at the end of April i was in Lowes of all places getting some soil for my regular house plants and came across the reduced price rack and there was a tiny death cube with a very very tiny nep inside it looked awful no color except one leaf, so i snatched it up and took it home. After getting home i took it outa the cube and it smelt horrible, the Nep was completly rotted all that was left was one greenish leaf, so i took the chance and placed the one leaf in some moist LFS and continued to keep it slightly moist, finaly one day just when i was about to give up i noticed a new tiny leaf emerging, and thats when i knew i had done something right. Anyways long story short this is how it looks now and the leaf this one came from finaly turned yellow and died now i have a whole baby nep growing and doing great. Wish i knew what nep this was.. Its now slightly larger than a golf ball.

My little mystery baby growing ever so slowly.
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great! Probably a N sanguinea if it is from Lowes and looks like that. My first Lowes rescue was one of those but I overwatered and lost it. Good work! It looks quite happy with its new home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice recovery! Maybe it's N. 'Judith Finn'? Might still be too small to ID.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be able to tell more when it gets bigger ;>

So how exactly does the loving car fit into the scenario?
    (sorry I couldn't help myself)
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how exactly does the loving car fit into the scenario?
    (sorry I couldn't help myself)
    LOL

It must be Ventricosa if it's a somewhat recent Lowes purchase. It's the only Nepenthes species they sell now. (At least the only species that I and other a few other people said they have seen.)
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG!! You guys im so sorry about the thread heading, OMG!! Im so imbaressed... See what happens when i dont wear my granny specs, i cant spell worth a crap somehow i must have missed the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE on that.. Sorry..... Can someone fix that for me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

ilbasso, thats what i was thinking N. sanguinea, that would be cool if it was as i wanted to get one of them anyways...
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your plant looks very good for being mistreated by Lowes I was lucky with my N.sanguinea from lowes it was pretty healthy except the peat and LFS it was potted in was dry today it has three nice pitchers now that it's in new potting mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    LOL

It must be Ventricosa if it's a somewhat recent Lowes purchase. It's the only Nepenthes species they sell now. (At least the only species that I and other a few other people said they have seen.)

It is weird how Lowes carries certain plants are in certain regions-we have sanguinias here. It isn't like either one is native to the area so I wonder why they do this? I hear stories of people picking up raffs in Home Depot and get jealous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast