What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My nep seeds are starting to sprout.

Its been almost 5 weeks now since I planted these seeds and some of them are finally starting to sprout.:banana2:

Splendiana x Medusa:
splendianaxmedusa1gc4.jpg

splendianaxmedusa2eg7.jpg

splendianaxmedusa3vp9.jpg

splendianaxmedusa4zx7.jpg

Splendiana x Mixta:
splendianaxmixta1nh2.jpg

splendianaxmixta2ro6.jpg

splendianaxmixta3ye2.jpg

splendianaxmixta4pe2.jpg

splendianaxmixta5ph3.jpg

Congrats, they look great. I would try to remove what looks to be mold in the 3rd pic.

WOOOO HOOOO CONGRATS on your nep germination Telefotoguy.. :bigthumpup: Now ya get to watch them all grow up from tiny little babies.. :-D

How big do you let the seedlings get before you transplant them to there own pots?

is it just me or do i see webbing in
splendianaxmedusa3vp9.jpg

and, nice...

I believe the webbing is the slime trails from fungus gnats. I had some problems with fungus gnats and there larvae crawling around on the soil but I got rid of them with some BT and I have'nt seen any more since then. They killed one of my D. adelae's before I got rid of them. Hopefully it will grow back from what roots its got left.

Congratulations on the germination :D

I transplant them when they get to be half and inch across or a bit bigger. My "second stage" mix is half milled sphagnum and half perlite. They stay in that till they are a couple inches across and then they go into their permanent mix (cedar mulch, perlite/pumice, charcoal, a bit of sand and a bit of peat).

Capslock

I transplant them when they get to be half and inch across or a bit bigger. My "second stage" mix is half milled sphagnum and half perlite. They stay in that till they are a couple inches across and then they go into their permanent mix (cedar mulch, perlite/pumice, charcoal, a bit of sand and a bit of peat).

Capslock

Thanks Capslock..

One of the seedlings is growing alot faster than the others you can see two little pitcher looking things coming out of the center of it. The other seedlings just have two leaves and no sign of pitchers yet.

Here's some updated pictures of one of my seedlings. The other seedlings still look the same but this one seedling is really takeing off compared to the others.

N. splendiana x medusa:
med1ao6.jpg

med2cp3.jpg

med3eg7.jpg

med4ho5.jpg

Nice :). Keep us updated!

Back