What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my neps. + a few questions

glider14

Always a newbie
these are some of my neps from this month!
N. sanguinea upper- first upper from any neps ive had =] people will be getting cuttings of this plant!
100_0340.jpg

100_0347.jpg

N. tentaculata- looking great as usual. i think its coming of age from how the internode length is doing.
100_0344.jpg

100_0346.jpg

N. Sabre
100_0352.jpg

N. clipeata x eymae
100_0349.jpg

now for the questions! i got this plant from PK(yea it looks way different man haha) anyone care to take a stab at its parentage?
100_0354.jpg

and this splendiana x 'Judith Finn' is the biggest of those seedlings of that type. you can see in this picture of the left and right sides of it, offshoot growth! is that normal?
100_0358.jpg

and to close. my largest and most developed seedling. splendiana x truncata. its finally bigger than a quarter =] and it actually has tendrils!! =]
100_0359.jpg

Alex

Excellent plants Alex!

Btw, I think that those "offshoots" are just other less developed seedlings.

Wonderful plants, I love that N. clipeata x eymae.

U have beautiful plants Alex, I love your tentaculata

Btw, I think that those "offshoots" are just other less developed seedlings.
thats what i thought they were at first. then i took a closer look... they are coming straight from the stem!

thanks for the comments!

Alex

The offshoots can happen in seedlings, just not very frequently.
Man that plant does look way different. I guess that just goes to show how environment can affect the way a plant looks. Nice looking one IMO...probably some alata. Ludwig didn't know what it was either when I got it from him. It could be some random EP thing, if you ever have a few hours to burn looking through their catalog for a comparable pic.

should i start at hybrids or species? haha

Alex

Very nice :D! I like the picture of the butterfly landing on the upper pitcher of the sanguinea ( which is also nice ). Your N. tentaculata is amazing! And congratulations on the seedlings :)

Nice female Black Swallowtail. Do you have dill or parsley growing around your place somewhere?

xvart.

we have black and yellow swallowtails ALL over our place. and we have both dill and parsley... im guessing thats what the larvae feed on. ive never seen any though! it was sitting on that pitcher later on in the day and from a distance i couldnt see the pitcher(very noticable with its bright color and the dark vegetation in the back ground) i thought it was cutt off or something but no! it was just the butterfly =] it wasnt even feeding either.

Alex

I loved the photo with the butterfly so much I set it as my desk top background!

awesome! haha i knew it had to be taken when i saw it. i went inside and hope it stayed there while i was looking for the camera!! sure enough it did!

Alex

I'd say an alata something or an alata of EP's from looking at pictures not too sure.

Back